Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fyoung55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 05:23 AM
    Blocked Vent Switch New Yorker
    I just had a new boiler installed (New Yorker CG-6) and it works great with one exception. When the boiler first starts up and the automatic vent damper opens up, cold air comes racing down and out of the draft hood, after a few seconds, really hot air comes blasting out. After a few minutes, one of 2 things happens: The chimney gets warm and the boiler operates normally with the draft hood cooling off and no exhaust spills out OR the hood gets too hot, and the blocked vent switch trips. Why is this happening?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 3, 2007, 08:22 AM
    You have a severe negative pressure in your home. The chimney is acting as a air supply when the boiler is first started. When the chimney warms up it causes a updraft condition. You need to resolve the negative pressure situation. Contact the company that did the install. They should have fixed this situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get around my school blocked sites? They even got proxy sites blocked. [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get around my school blocked sites. They even got our proxy sites blocked> is their any other way?

Snow blocked vent [ 2 Answers ]

House was cold this morning. The fan was running, but no heat. Checked the vents at the side of the house and notice they were covered by drifting snow overnight. I cleared it away and went to work. My question... will the furnace come on... or will I have to call a tech to reset safety...

Vent diagram - does this meet code (see pic)? Vent runs below actual drain [ 4 Answers ]

The schematic below should make it clear the configuration I would like to use. Basically, I would like to keep the vent under the floor for a little ways, so it pops up in a better location. I cannot easily move the 2" drain location going down and would rather not go straight up from the...

New Yorker [ 2 Answers ]

How many years THE nEW YORKER has been published?

View more questions Search