Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gricris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Cost of Goods Manufactured statement
    Please enlighten me about the composition of the Cost of Goods Sold statement, namely about the Manufacturing Overhead contained in the statement. Does it have to be allocated overhead, or actual (real) overhead ? If the two possibilities exist, when must Manufacturing overhead be allocated and when should it be actual (real). If possible, please indicate a credible and authritive source.

Thank you
    adam hall Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 11:49 PM
    am from kenya I hope that C/A is not influenced by legislation,my reason validated by it being an internal a/c. your stament should consist of opening ,purchassed less closssing stock raw material(=raw material consumed) add any direct production cost it should be actual not unless it is job costing where you have to adjust the cost value as per
    the quantity. This will give you preme cost then add other manufacturing indirect expenses e.g. depreciation of plant. However when a cost is incured for manufacturing and maybe selling and distribution you should apportion. Add opening w.i.p_clossing W.i.p and you will have your cost of manufacturted good transfer it to the p& l a/c and treat it as purchasses. My answer would have been more precise if you had included an actual question.

send me your e mail am pursuing CPA SO WE WOULD GET ALONG WELL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Schedule Cost of goods manufactured and cost of goods sold [ 10 Answers ]

I am taking my first class in Accounting and I am having difficulties with my homework. I have the following problem, that I have done in several ways and I always get an answer that is greater that the correct one. These are the figures (in thousands of dollars): Direct Labor Cost: $10,500...

Cost Of Goods Manufactured Statement [ 2 Answers ]

The Blimp Manufacturing Company Produced 100,000 Units During The Year Ended December31, 19*1. It Incurred The Following Costs For The Year: Materials... 73000 (10% Is Indirect Materials) Labor... 97000 (7% Is Indirect Labor) Factory Overhead... 125% Of Direct Labor Cost Work In Process...

Cost of Goods Manufactured [ 5 Answers ]

I am taking my first class in Accounting and I am having difficulties with my homework. I have the following problem, that I have done in several ways and I always get an answer that is greater that the correct one. These are the figures (in thousands of dollars): Direct Labor Cost: $10,500...

Need help with cost of goods manufactured [ 1 Answers ]

B3 Company is a manufacturing firm that uses job-order costing. The company's inventory balances were as follows at the beginning and end of the year: Beginning Ending Balance Balance Raw materials $26,000 $31,000 Work in process 77,000 59,000 Finished goods 124,000 139,000...

Cost of goods manufactured [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm having some problems w/my homework. This is my last trimester and I want to make sure to pass my subject. Pena manufacturing company presented the following data: 1. cost of goods manufactured and cost of goods sold were P373,000 and P300,000 respectively 2. Purchases of raw materials...

View more questions Search