Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    restless in ny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 04:39 AM
    Child support blues
    My fiancée owes back child support of over a thousand. His license was suspended, and bank accounts frozen. He got a government job in March to begin paying thechild support off. He established a payment plan with them.And things were going great. He entered the Navy in June and has never missed a payment since he started paying. His checks autpmatically go to his bank acount and never to him, the child support service has always taken what they were suppose to take and that was that. Until in The beginning of October, they put a lien on all his bank accounts which is his only form of income, they have also taken out everything out of his account. He has not been able to even buy a meal for himself for the past month. The child support people claim that uless he pays in full the lien will not be moved. Is this fir seeing that they have alreay made a paymen plan, and was taking money every month and all of a sudden the take everything? Please help
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by restless in ny
    Is this fir seeing that they have alreay made a paymen plan
    Hello restless:

Nahhh, its not fair. However, it isn't fair that his child doesn't get breakfast one morning...

That's what this is about - your b/f's offspring. What's fair to your b/f doesn't interest me.

excon
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 05:16 AM
    Send your boyfriend money so he can eat. When did the Navy start charging their enlisted for meals anyway?

How much over a thousand does he owe? While it may not be exactly fair that ALL his monies are garnished like this (which is really hard to believe that every penney is being taken) just think of it as it will be over when his debt is caught up. If that were you with his child and he was that far behind, you would look at this differently.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Good thing he is in the Navy. He gets 3 hots and a rack - so he isn't homeless. He has access to Legal Aid and should do so, but his first obligation is to his children. I hope you have enough sense to not procreate with this fellow.

**Edit**
    Additionally, if they are seizing his bank accounts to that extent - I bet he owes a lot more than he is telling you - and probably to other people besides child support enforcement.
    famlee Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Oct 31, 2007, 03:55 PM
    First, how much in arrears is he? You say he hasn't missed a payment since he entered into the payment plan... is he just making the payment on the payment plan for the arrears or for that amount and his current child support?

From your post it sounds as if he was behind and they took his license and froze his bank account before March and when he got his new government job, he contacted CSE and made an arrangement with them. In turn, they unfroze his account. He has not missed any payments since and they have been automatically withdrawing the money since he made this agreement. Now all of a sudden, CSE has decided that the money they were taking was not enough and froze his account again and took all the money in it? CSE notifies a person and allows them time to make arrangements or pay before taking action. Did they not send him anything recently before they froze his accounts?

Something isn't making sense.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 31, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Since this time, did his child or the child's mother receive welfare, if so, often they come after for money. If not, there is nothing he can do without hiring an attorney and going to court over this
    bryden1401 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2007, 06:37 AM
    My fiancee owes back child support of over a thousand. His license was suspended, and bank accounts frozen. He got a government job in March to begin paying thechild support off. He established a payment plan with them.And things were going great. He entered the Navy in June and has never missed a payment since he started paying. His checks autpmatically go to his bank acount and never to him, the child support service has always taken what they were suppose to take and that was that. Until in The beginning of October, they put a lien on all his bank accounts which is his only form of income, they have also taken out everything out of his account. He has not been able to even buy a meal for himself for the past month. The child support people claim that uless he pays in full the lien will not be moved. Is this fir seeing that they have alreay made a paymen plan, and was taking money every month and all of a sudden the take everything? please help
    I have been through some of this and thye wouldn't seize his account unless he owes a lot more than $1000 sounds like your being lied to. Not putting him down or anything but we set up payments and all they did was tack on XX amount on to his "regular" payment until it was paid back and then took his tax return one yr to pay it off. If he hasn't paid anything since birth they go all the way back he also needs to go to the bank and ask to see the order.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 08:20 AM
    My fiancee owes back child support of over a thousand. His license was suspended, and bank accounts frozen. He got a government job in March to begin paying thechild support off. He established a payment plan with them.And things were going great. He entered the Navy in June and has never missed a payment since he started paying. His checks autpmatically go to his bank acount and never to him, the child support service has always taken what they were suppose to take and that was that. Until in The beginning of October, they put a lien on all his bank accounts which is his only form of income, they have also taken out everything out of his account. He has not been able to even buy a meal for himself for the past month. The child support people claim that uless he pays in full the lien will not be moved. Is this fir seeing that they have alreay made a paymen plan, and was taking money every month and all of a sudden the take everything? please help

I would take a second look at a guy who hasn't supported his children to the extent that his License was suspended and his bank accounts frozen. Something doesn't make sense if the Child Support "people" have always taken what they are entitled to take, he has never missed a payment - and now his entire account has been frozen. Of course, if he stops putting money into the bank account there will be nothing more to take - but then how will his child/children eat?
    thundergirl8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 05:34 AM
    I was in the navy and they give you meals and a place to live so don't go there. As for child support, he should have been paying all along. My husband is due $12000.00 and his wife has paid $4800 of it! They froze her bank account! Thank God. Too many months she didn't pay. Too many months we could have had extra money to take him to the doctor. She has erased him. She is Pissed and I AM GLAD. I hope she gets angrier. She brought him into this world. SHE NEEDS to Support him!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Continued child support when child quits school [ 9 Answers ]

I live in New York & this is my question... Does one have to continue paying support when the child quits school at 17? His mother will not enforce any rules on the child & will not make the child work or at least get his GED. Mother & father were never married, court ordered support payments,...

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Give up rights to a child--still pay child support? [ 11 Answers ]

I live in Florida and have a question about giving up the rights to a child that has been determined by DNA testing. If rights are given up, does that parent still have to pay child support?

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

View more questions Search