Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bugaboo1001 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 04:11 AM
    I want to move to the uk.
    We have been wanting to look in to moving to the uk, possibly in the summer of 2010, What do we need to be doing now in order to make it easier then? Will it make it all way easier if my mom just gets married?? :eek: What are the work/credit/income requirements to do this?? :D
    bugaboo1001 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 04:12 AM
    Oh by the way, we are American citizens. We were both here our whole lives. ((mom and daughter))
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2007, 12:09 PM
    You cant.

You can't just move to another country because its something you think will be fun. Immigrating to another country can only be done if you or your mom are offered a job in the UK or if you have family ties to the UK (and those family members are willing to sponsor you for permanent residence).

Do you have family there, employment possibilities in the UK etc?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Check out this site it has a very helpful immigration FAQ

American Expats In The UK - bringing the American community together around the UK
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2007, 12:55 PM
    kanicky73 agrees: you can't just move to another country and apply for citizenship? I did not know that.
    Were you being serious? I couldn't tell.

As the site above will explain you can go to the UK temporarily on one of several visas but if you plan to move there permanently then you have to be hired by a UK company or have family there who will help you file to live there.
    emilyyeah Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2011, 03:27 PM
    Hey, I live in UK and DO NOT MOVE HERE. It is so bad over here, I want to move to USA. It rains ALL the time, there are chavs, the TV is shocking and we can not make TV shows to save our lives, the bus fare is getting more expensive, the clothes shop is getting more expensive, wages and jobs are decreasing.

If you really want to move here, visit first. It depends what area you live in. West Midlands is really boring, London has a lot of gun crime and a lot of places here are posh but most are chavvy.

So it's your choice. <3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Move? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm considering a move to England later this year or sometime next year. are there any good books or articles via the internet on this subject?

Want to move out in KY [ 13 Answers ]

I just finished a 13 month lease at an apartment in Louisville. When it was almost up (in August) I received a letter stating that if I wanted to extend the lease from September 1, 2007-August 31,2008 to sign the letter. The bottom said 'This lease extension is not effective until signed by the...

How do I get him to move out? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm going through a divorce and it's been miserable. He is the one wo wants the divorce, but won't do anything to get it. I have asked him to move out so I can attempt to be amicable with this thing, but he refuses saying he will get screwed over if he does. So he and my kids and I are all here,...

Want to move [ 4 Answers ]

We do not have a lease,we are month to month tenants.We want to move.we told our landlord on the 15th of may that we are moving on the 17 of June.Well he proceeded to ask me if we would stay until the end of June in stead of the middle.Well we cannot do that.He then told me that he had spent our...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search