Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nerdbebo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 08:48 PM
    2000 Honda Civic Won't Start.
    Hey Guys,

I've been doing some looking around for about an hour now. I have a 2000 Honda Civic LX with 130k miles that turns over, but doesn't fire up. Had to get it towed home tonight. =\

Here is what I've figured out.

1. I'm getting spark. I pulled one of the plugs and verified it is getting spark.
    2. I'm getting fuel. I pulled the line off the fuel filter and I got good pressure.
    3. It's been having issues starting immediately when its below 1/2 tank of gas. Not a big deal, just took 10-20 seconds for it to fire up.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Dave
    drift_tokyo Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Check see if u have a dirty metal in oil if yes u need to change the oil
    If it doesn't fire up maybe something wrong inside the motor like crank or ingition "disturber" I think
    Nerdbebo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 12:59 AM
    Stayed up all night, I love 24 hour Autozone. ^^

I replaced the distributor, wires, plugs, and rotor. Car starts instantly and responds way better than it was for the last 10k or so miles. Ended up costing ~$250.00 for everything.

Good luck to anyone else with similar issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 2000 honda civic won't start [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a 2000 Honda Civic and I had problems with my stereo and I got some help, now my car won't start at all. Im thinking it is the battery but my car is in my Garage and for some reason I can't change the gear to neutral so I can push it out of the Garage. I haven't taken my battery to get...

2000 Honda Civic Ex Coupe Will Not Start [ 1 Answers ]

Past couple of mornings, car cranked a little longer than usual upon first startup of the day--I attributed this to cooler New England mornings. This a.m. (not particularly cool--about 60°F), cranked for a couple of seconds, then nothing. Waited a minute, tried again... cranked slower and again...

2000 Honda civic [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm new at this site I was actually looking for some tips on how to get my car stereo code for a 200 honda civic. My battery went dead and now I'm having problems I called the dealer but they want me to take it in. it was a used car and I don't live in the city I bought the car. I know there is...

2000 Honda Civic! [ 9 Answers ]

Thank you for reading.. I have an error code 1336 on a 2000 Honda Civic - I found it's a speed fluctuation sensor for rpm - or it's called a cfk? Anyway, it's misfiring on all cylinders codes and throws those codes on an OBDII and the 1336 code. Plugs and wires are new and Runs just fine for me...

2000 Honda Civic won't start [ 6 Answers ]

Last Sat morning, cranked the starte motor till it finally started, It was rainy and damp. All day started and ran fine. Sunday cranked it over quiite quickly. Monday morning, same thing started instantly. Monday night, car sitting for a while. Raining, when I got in the car, had to crank over the...

View more questions Search