Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frustrated101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2007, 05:54 PM
    Filling on a tooth, now cant eat on that side of mouth!
    Hi
    I got a filling recently on a molar on the top of my mouth and ever since then I cannot eat anything harder than a soft cracker on that side. The pain is deep and goes up my mouth. My dentist has already filed away the filling and it doesn't hurt when I bite or relax my mouth but if I eat and anything gets between my teeth and I bite the pain is excruciating. What do I do? Will this be forever?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 03:01 AM
    Is the tooth sensitive to hot or cold? Does the tooth hurt when you floss around it? When you floss, does the floss just fall in between the teeth or is there a "snap" as it goes between the contacts?
    Frustrated101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 5, 2007, 04:58 PM
    The tooth is only sensitive to really cold things like ice cream but not cold liquid or hot liquid. When I floss there is a snap sound just like all my other teeth and the tooth doesn't hurt when flossed. It doesn't hurt at a normal point in the day just when something is between them and I chew anything even soft bread. Sometimes the tooth hurts on contact with a toothbrush when brushing or when I touch it with my finger. I use a soft bristle tooth brush but it doesn't seem to help.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 07:00 PM
    It sounds to me like the filling is still high. Go back and get it checked and adjusted. Did the dentist take an x-ray to see if the nerve was infected? Since you have no hot sensitivity I'd say the nerve is probably OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE side by side refrigerator; frost-free freezer freezes up causing fridge to warm [ 27 Answers ]

We have a GE frost-free side by side refrigerator with ice maker. It's 5 years old but for the past year+ we've been having problems with the freezer building up frost around the inside, and then the refrigerator doesn't get cold. I have to unplug everything, take the shelves out of the freezer...

Kenmore Side by Side: no ice & red blinking light? [ 4 Answers ]

Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and flushed the lines. I have also turned off then on the ice maker switch. No change - still...

Maytag side by side fridge freezer-- occasional ice up, defroster buzzes [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, all -- - Our Maytag SIDE BY SIDE ( MSD2356AEB) occasionally builds up ice on the coil in the freezer. I turn the unit off, remove the rear panels, defrost with a hair dryer, then reassemble after the half hour or so it takes to "hairdry" it. I restart, and the unit works beautifully. ...

Kenmore side by side Fridge icemaker model 106.9557651 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an issue with my ice maker over filling? I replaced solenoid still havinbg problem.

Kenmore Elite not cooling refrigerator side or side by side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 53609202 side-by-side. The freezer is working fine, the air flow into the freezer is working, the fan is on. There is another fan in the bottom rear that is also on. There is nothing in the refrigerator to block the vents. There is a little frost on the rear panel...

View more questions Search