Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girlygirl1819 Posts: 67, Reputation: -1

Oct 29, 2007, 12:18 PM
    2 weeks late on my period and negative hpt
    Hi I'm 18 years old I have never been on birth control, my periods are very regular 28 days exactly normally early in the morning to be exact. Anyway one month ago tomorrow I had a one night stand and I know this was ridiculous I don't need anyone to tell me that it wasn't but we reused a condom that he had taken off already. He swears that it wasn't inside out but to be honest I don't think he eeven looked anyway. My symptoms are REALLY sore nipples, stomach cramps and today I feel a little nausea coming on but I haven't vomitted or anything, I'm extremely tired, and sometimes I feel dizzy.Also I have to use the restroom a bit more and I have more discharge milky white (tmi) sorry. A couple of days before I was supposed to get my visit from aunt flow I had some pinkish discharge that only show when I was wiping. So when I was suppsed to get my period and I didn't I went to the store and got a test and it was negative so I took another one last night and one again this morning all NEGATIVE... if I am not pregnant than where is my period?:confused: ohh about a week after the one night stand I went to the club and had a couple of shots (keep in mind I didn't realize that I could be expecting) could that delay my hormones rising or what? Please help me as soon as possible thanks
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 12:26 PM
    You're right... not a great idea. Even if the condom wasn't wrong side out, there was most likely sperm on the outside anyway if you had taken it off and had it laying around, not to mention possible tears from the previous use and removal etc. Depending on how long you waited, the sperm were likely already dead, however, there's always that chance(not to mention bacteria etc that were likely on it by then.) all symptoms of pregnancy, can be symptoms of other things as well (pms, sickness, medical, stress, etc) wait until you are one week late. Retest. If negative, wait for your next period. If it doesn't come test again. If its still negative, go see your doctor. If you have any signs of infection (discolored, foul smelling, odd textured discharge, fever, itching, burning etc) make sure that you see your doctor asap. And make sure you get tested for stds as well on a regular basis.

Oct 29, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by buggage
    you're right...not a great idea. even if the condom wasnt wrong side out, there was most likely sperm on the outside anyways if you had taken it off and had it laying around, not to mention possible tears from the previous use and removal etc. Depending on how long you waited, the sperm were likely already dead, however, theres always that chance(not to mention bacteria etc that were likely on it by then.) all symptoms of pregnancy, can be symptoms of other things as well (pms, sickness, medical, stress, etc) wait until you are one week late. retest. If negative, wait for your next period. if it doesnt come test again. If its still negative, go see your doctor. If you have any signs of infection (discolored, foul smelling, odd textured discharge, fever, itching, burning etc) make sure that you see your doctor asap. and make sure you get tested for stds as well on a regular basis.

I'm two weeks late I waited I'm just scared
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 12:44 PM
    OK. Well, I'm afraid all you can do is play the waiting game. We all hate it, but unfortunately, sometimes that's the only answer. I can tell you that I myself have been two months late for no reason before. Sometimes you are just irregular. Or you could be late because you are pregnant, but your hcg levels just aren't high enough to register on a hpt yet. If you can't wait, take your next test as a blood test at the hospital. These aren't much more expensive and are more accurate then a hpt. If that is negative, you'll just have to wait for your next period to come, or miss, and see a doctor. Good luck.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 12:58 PM
    It is not uncommon for a woman to miss a period altogether every once in awhile. And the stress from thinking you could be pregnant is enough to delay or cause you to miss your period as well.
    I would suggest setting an appt with your doctor to get a blood pregnancy test.

Oct 29, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by buggage
    ok. well, I'm afraid all you can do is play the waiting game. we all hate it, but unfortunately, sometimes thats the only answer. I can tell you that I myself have been two months late for no reason before. sometimes you are just irregular. or you could be late because you are pregnant, but your hcg levels just aren't high enough to register on a hpt yet. If you can't wait, take your next test as a blood test at the hospital. these aren't much more expensive and are more accurate then a hpt. If that is negative, you'll just have to wait for your next period to come, or miss, and see a doctor. Good luck.
    How do I do the hospital thing? Call and set up an appointment?
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 01:01 PM
    For me, I just walked in and asked them for a test. However, some hospitals would rather you make an appointment.
    TWIN4LF Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Hey
    Well I think if you no your body than you know your body I can't really give you a lot of advice seeing that I am going through the same thing well anyway just wait 10 days and go to the hospital on the 12th day and get a blood test done that's what I am going to do . Anyway I hope everything works out the way you want it to. Just in the meantime treat your body as if you are pregnant because you don't want to harm your baby if you are by drinking and...

Keep me posted girly ill keep you in my prayers much love

Twin

Oct 30, 2007, 02:57 PM
    I went to the dr. today and it was a negative but she thinks that I should start to take prenatal vitamins and everything we both think I'm pregnant anyway she said that she has had patients in the past that it ahs taken them 4 weeks after their first missed period which would put them at their 2nd missed anyway so there is some serious hope YAY

Oh last night I was feeding my moms cat and ugh the smell of it made me almost vomit I couldn't finish feeding him I had to have my sister do it
    fjsmith81 Posts: 122, Reputation: 11

Oct 30, 2007, 03:14 PM
    OK all of your symptoms are the ones that I had when I got pregnant with my daughter. I would say that you are definitely pregnant. I had that pinkish substance and thought that it was my period coming (because I had cramps) the next day it totally disappeared. I almost passed out at work. Then I noticed a funny thing when I urinated my urine was kind of cloudy. I think I was about four weeks then. I took a hpt and it was negative then I went to my gynecologist and that test was negative (u would think that they would be right). So I decided to wait a little wile long and what do you know two weeks later I took another hpt and that came up positive. So I didn't get a positive result until I was six weeks pregnant. That is why they say that a home pregnancy test can give you a false negative. Your body has not built up enough of the hcg hormone for a home pregnancy test to detect. If you go to the gyno they typically use the same urine tests as a hpt. If you absolutely can't wait get a blood test and that will tell you for sure.
    Don't worry about drinking and smoking or whatever it is you do. I drank and smoked for the entire six weeks that I did not know and I have a happy healthy intelligent little girl with NO deformities.
    So good luck in whatever you do
    Sally-Diane Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Oct 30, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl1819
    Hi im 18 years old i have never been on birth controll, my periods are very regular 28 days exactly normally early in the morning to be exact. Anyway one month ago tomorrow i had a one night stand and i know this was ridiculous i dont need anyone to tell me that it wasnt but we reused a condom that he had taken off already. He swears that it wasn't inside out but to be honest i dont think he eeven looked anyway. My symptoms are REALLY sore nipples, stomach cramps and today i feel a little nausea coming on but i haven't vomitted or anything, im extremely tired, and sometimes i feel dizzy.Also i have to use the restroom a bit more and i have more discharge milky white (tmi) sorry. A couple of days before i was supposed to get my visit from aunt flow i had some pinkish discharge that only show when i was wiping. So when i was suppsed to get my period and i didnt i went to the store and got a test and it was negative so i took another one last night and one again this morning all NEGATIVE...if i am not pregnant than where is my period?:confused: ohh about a week after the one night stand i went to the club and had a couple of shots (keep in mind i didnt realize that i could be expecting) could that delay my hormones rising or what? please help me as soon as possible thanks
    It sounds like you may have an sexually transmitted infection. As horrible as it seems. I mean a guy isn't going to tell you if he's got one and he may not even no sti's can pro long your periods depending on what type it is. Go to the doctor and get tested to be safe

Oct 30, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Hey thanks so much yea know that I think about it my urine is a bit cloudy too but I didn't think anything of it so... where 6 weeks pregnant lmp? Or gestational?

Oct 30, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally-Diane
    it sounds like you may have an sexually transmitted infection. as horrible as it seems. i mean a guy isnt gonna tell u if he's got one and he may not even no sti's can pro long your periods depending on what type it is. go to the doctor and get tested to be safe
    I have been tested when I first went to the doctor last week and they all were negative

Oct 31, 2007, 11:03 AM
    UPDATE
    So right now I'm having unusual cramps at first they felt like my period cramps but when I moved my waist band to my waist my lower abdomin is I don't know how to explain it but I'm bloating really bad I don't know it different from when I pms could I be about to start?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Have you taken another HPT? Your period could be coming on but these are def. signs of pregnancy too.

Oct 31, 2007, 11:13 AM
    OMG GUYS iM BAWLING
    I just started my period I think I'm so sad I really wanted this baby

OK new update I'm editing this

I'm not bleeding like normal its more a creamy pink color

Oct 31, 2007, 11:30 AM
    I just got off the phone with my doctor and she thinks that I am having a miscarriage my cramps are really bad but I took a pain killer (my gma's)

so I wish all the best to everyone but I'm not going to be having a baby
    not yet anyway :=( *tear*
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2007, 01:50 PM
    I'm sorry your feeling down hun... it might not even be miscarriage but instead a late period. Usually, you will bleed heavily and experience very, VERY strong cramps if you are miscarrying. Not to contradict you doctor or anything but keep your eyes open and listen to your body. Even if it was a miscarriage then is was probably for the best... right? I mean this would have been a baby conceived during a one night stand... more than likely, it would not turn out to be the fairy tale ending like the movie Knocked Up. A miscarriage is not a good thing but everything happens for a reason...

Nov 14, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Hey update is there anyway you can have a period but be pregnant... bc I was two weeks late and then I got my period but now my abdomin is getting bigger and normally if I'm gaining weight it goes to my hips... also my boobs are bigger
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Some women can have periods in early pregnancy sure. But let me ask why, at 18, you would want a baby from a man, or should I say boy, who was a one night stand?

Now you phoned your doctor and said that he "thought" you were having a miscarriage? Have you been examined yet? If not, you need to be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Over two weeks late but HPT says Negative? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I was wondering, how long after a missed period, should a Home Pregnancy Test read Positive? The first day of my last period was June 13th and I have taken about 4 Home Pregnancy Tests in the last 2 1/2 weeks. I have been pregnant 3 times before, and found out very soon after conception... in...

8 weeks late and negative HPT [ 2 Answers ]

It has been more than 8 weeks since my last period. My last Period was Aug. 24 Last month (Sep) I had very light pink spotting 1 time the day I was supposed to start and nothing since. I am now 3 days late for the next period. HPT are still negative. I have 3 children and my test before always...

I'm late with negative hpt [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 26. I am now 6 days late on my period. I have been off birth control for 4 months now and as soon as I got off I resumed normal on times except for this month. This is the first time I am ever late. I was supposed to start on Saturday the 28th. I was so sure I was going to start because I...

Late period of 2 weeks but negative result [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I just have a few questions that I want to ask if anyone has got an answer canyou please message back. Well I have a late period of about 2 and a half weeks now. I took a HPT 5 days ago. I am going to take another one Sunday to see what that says as I have a few symptoms of pregnancy...

View more questions Search