Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erltex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Pulsating water and knocking sound from faucet
    I just installed an Am Standard single handle kitchen faucet. When the handle is lifted in hot, cold, or both water pulsates out with a knocking sound. I have bled all of the air out but still the problem. The old faucet, same type was fine.:confused:
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 09:55 AM
    I can only think of one thing and that is the strainer on the faucet,

Remove it and see if the pulsating stops, clean it and replace it...
    boby_k Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2011, 02:35 PM
    I am having the same issue on Am Std Cadet faucet. Could you please let me know what the resolution was?
    boby_k Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2011, 04:36 PM
    Problem solved. I got a replacement unit of the same model (Cadet). The new one does not do thumping noise.

I looked at other manufacturers, moen, delta, pf etc. All have plastic connectors.

Good thing about American Standard Cadet one is, it has all brass standard connectors. That is the reason I tried the same model for replacement. I would not put some plastic connectors in not so visible area under the sink. World is going backwards to plastic.

TedBritaFilter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 04:26 PM
    I had pulsating water coming only from my kitchen faucet. It has a Brita filter installed at the faucet outlet end. I removed the filter assembly and turned on water, no pulsating. I then noticed the filter housing had a small breather hole on the bottom that was blocked with "stuff". I cleaned the breather hole and reinstalled the filter assembly and checked it out. No more pulsating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Knocking sound by the water heater [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. We have a creepy knocking sound supposedly coming from the water heater. It is right by my kids bedrooms and it is very scary. It starts softly then it gets louder then softer. It is intermittent throughout the day. It doesn't seem to occur any differently when the water is on or off. I...

Kitchen faucet is making a knocking sound [ 1 Answers ]

I received a replacement part from American Standard due to a leaky faucet. I have replaced the part, but now the faucett makes a knocking sound when the water is turned on. It has a water purified setting and a hand spray. It does not knock when these two devices are on. What could be the problem?

Pulsating/knocking water in shower pipes [ 7 Answers ]

I just installed a Danze shower unit with valve model D113000BT and I'm having the same problem with pulsating and knocking when someone uses the sink. I pulled the valve apart and checked for debris and there was nothing. Could it be that the spring in the diverter is not strong enough? Please...

Knocking sound in water line after flusing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

What is the possible problem when you hear a knocking sound in the plumbing after flusing the toilet?

Knocking sound... [ 6 Answers ]

After I had our A/C fixed, not only did our house got colder but I have been hearing this knocking sound coming from that "place" (sorry I do not know what to call it) where we we put the A/C filter in. It sounded like somebody is knocking on a cardboard box. What do you think that is? I just can't...

View more questions Search