Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    victoria222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Expired Lease tenant not paying.
    I signed a 1 year lease with a tenant on Aug. 2006 ending on Sept 2007 in the state of Fl. She has always been late, but in the end she paid except for Aug. rent. Then she paid Sept. rent. She missed Oct. rent so far.

Her lease did not give her the option of going month to month. It was never a verbal contract. She made a verbal promise to make up for the missed rent in Aug. and agreed to sign a new lease before she quit paying again.

What do I as a landlord have the right to do? Can I give her a 3 day and kick her out? Do I need to call an attorney and have her evicted even though she is not in a contract?
    jay36jay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 07:11 PM
    I have been living under a Management company for 2+ years, just recently resigned a LEASE to go into effect in NOv 2007. I've been notified that I've become eligible to receive Federal subsidy to assist me with my LEASE payments for my family and I. The current management company refuses to allow me to make payments using the funding from the Government in conjunction to me to continuing to make payments NOR will they let me out of the LEASE, What are my rights. New lease goes in effect 1st of Nov.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to enforce lease term/collect due rent when tenant breaks lease [ 8 Answers ]

My tenant who signed a 12-month lease in November just told me she is moving out in less than a week. She took it upon herself to prorate this month's rent. I would like to enforce the lease agreement and collect the rent for the remaining months of the term, but I need to know how to go about...

Tenant not paying rent with new owner [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, When I sell a rental property and tenant decides not to pay the rent with new owner, am I in risk for any type of lawsuit by new owner? Thanks in advance, Bo

Renters lease expired [ 1 Answers ]

My lease was expired 2 years ago and I was living there month to month. My son bought a home and he was stationd in Japan and he told me to move into the home asap, because he hated that I was paying someone else's mortgage. I sent a letter to my landlord in the end of August and also the June rent...

'Tenant Lease Expired And Won't Leave' [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, (Sorry for a second post - Profile stated No questions recorded at log-in) I want to make sure I am doing things right during an eviction and during future court date. Everything I state below, can be validated in writing from communication between current tenant and myself. Tenant...

Lease expired tenant not moving out [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a property and rented out with a 1 year lease. The lease had expired, and I told the tenant he can not live there anymore because I want to move in. He did not want to move and keep making up reasons. What can I do? I live in Orland Park, Illinois. Should I write a notice letter or seek...

View more questions Search