Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bugaboo1001 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 03:02 PM
    I want to let my natural color come back without dying anymore, How?
    Hello, I was reading a lot about hair color mis-haps and dying , etc... I have dyed my hair for the past 5 years and Im tired of doing it. I am naturally a dark blonde and have always dyed my hair dark brown. It is now October and I haven't dyed my hair since may. So it is now faded to like a reddish brown color with gold coming out of the roots:eek: . Do I have to let my hair just grow out completely? I heard hair color removal gives you that coppery color and you'll need to re-dye it anyway. If the answer is to let my natural blonde grow out, What can I do to make my hair look more natural in the process??
    :confused:
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 03:04 PM
    You will just have to let it grow out, I'm thinking. You can look into temporary coloring if you are really concerned about it looking strange as it grows out, but be very careful.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 03:12 PM
    If you are wanting to get back to your natural hair color without coloring it anymore... the only thing you can do it let it grow out.

When I went back to my natural hair color (without all the highlights and such) I found a hair color that worked perfectly... matched my hair color perfect, and looked natural. I was then able to let it grow out and you couldn't tell the difference. It was Loreal Natural Match... great stuff.

Oct 25, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Thanks! It sounds good. Using that loreal stuff doesn't give you that rustic copper stuff onceit's on for a few weeks?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bugaboo1001
    Thanks! It sounds good. Using that loreal stuff dosnt give you that rustic copper stuff onceit's on for a few weeks?
    NO WAY! That's what I LOVE about it! I have naturally dark brown hair... my problem was when I would dye my hair dark brown (using other products) to try and get back to my natural color, within a few months the color turned brassy... and my hair would look lighter brown with hints of red/copper... I found this stuff and tried it... it doesn't do that at all :D

Now with each of the color they have 3 levels... cool, warm, and crap I forget the third... but at anyrate, they will explain what each means... ONE of those gives "ash" highlights and I think one gives like "reddish" ones. So read the boxes for each of the levels and make sure you get the one that doesn't do any of those.

I am going out to the store today... so I will look and tell you which one I get... well which one I GOT because I don't color anymore :D
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 25, 2007, 08:30 PM
    If you want to go from reddish brown to dark blonde, you will need to use some kind of hair lightening product. You can pre-lighten your hair and then apply your desired color, or use a high lift color to achieve results. But if dyeing your hair is not an option, then you should let the color grow out.

Oct 26, 2007, 04:36 AM
    I got my hair slightly stripped yesterday, which made things a little bit more blended. I am thinking about dying my hair nack to dark blonde to match my roots. What color or lift color can I use that will not fade into orange? Or shold I just continue to use a clairifying shampoo and hang out in the sun?
    -

Oct 26, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Sweetie, this type of color process should only be done by professionals. If you attempt to do this yourself, you can end up damaging your hair. To go from dark to blonde without the red/orange shade, a trained stylist will need to lighten your hair and the apply a toner. They can also use your selected color and a high-volume peroxide developer with heat to achieve results. But a double process (bleaching and toning) gives a true blonde shade. You should consider going to a salon and let a stylist do the color process.
    bad hair day Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 02:52 AM
    Okay well its not about yours but I died my hair 2 times once blonde which was horrible then I tried to turn it back to my natural dark brown but it didn't come as my natural so I tried again and it was the wrong colour (the hair dresser's picked wrong colour) I'm only 13 and I had to pay £50 out of my own money and I have no money at the moment how can I get my natural colour back quick and not so pricey? Thank you xxx
    Aliya babie Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 11:27 PM
    Let it grow out !
    And keep cutting from the bottom
    Because the more you cut the faster it growsz
    :)
    -

Mar 16, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Cutting your hair will not make it grow faster or thicker. Hair grows at a maximum rate of half an inch per month no matter what you do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I died my hair red and I want my natural brown color back [ 3 Answers ]

About 4 months ago, I died my hair red. I loved it, it looks beautiful with my skin tone, and it really brings out my green eyes. Since then I died it in that color 3 more times. But I'm a student, and so is my husband. I didn't really realize how expensive it can be to color your hair every month....

Want natural hair color back after repeated applications of a semi [ 1 Answers ]

I have repeatedly colored my light brown hair black, with a semi. I continued to use a semi each time my roots needed a touch up. I did this about 5 times, each time I would rub a bit of the color over the length of my hair. I want my natural color back. I bought OOps! But after reading posts here,...

Dying natural red hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have natural light red hair and have been dying it chocolate brown for the past 2 years. I try to go without dying my regrown excessively as each time I do, the bits of hair already died become darker and I get inconsistencies. Is there a quick way to neutralise the red colour coming...

View more questions Search