Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bettythetinker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Anybody know how to fix this hair dying disaster?
    My hair was highlighted blonde and it was really nice, but I fancyed a change and had it dyed back to brown, however, its gone really dark almost black and there are patches at the back where my blonde hasn't been covered... I know that something shouldve been put on my hair before dying it but it hasn't and I'm stuck.
    Please help
    I'm only 15, this could really affect my life
    gooner28 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Hi I'm no hairdresseer but when ever you dye over blonde to go dark you need to put a red color on it first then put brown over the top. As you have already done this I would suggest you go to your local salon and ask them first. Don't worry mine has been alsorts of colours were I got it wrong we all do it.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 25, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Gooner28 is right. When you bleach your hair it takes out all the pigments. And when you apply a dark or brown hair color over bleached blonde hair, it will look muddy or appear even darker. In order to go from blonde to brown, you will need to use a color filler that contains a red base and then apply the selected color. You should go to the salon and have them fix your highlights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it safe to have 3 lots of hair dye in 1month to try and rectify hair disaster? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted yesterday, with no replies yet. Basically. I have got long hair which is dark brown (dyed) base and I had bleached blonde panels. I then wanted the panels red which my colourist did and it looiked great but after just 1 wash all the red had practically gone and I was left with...

Hair Disaster [ 3 Answers ]

After years of highlighting my hair it became almost entirely blonde and I decided to have my hair tinted into a wheat type color and start highlights again. However, the tint my stylist used turned my hair to a very dark brown, which I hate. The salon suggested that I come back and put a lot of...

Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.

Hair disaster [ 1 Answers ]

I sprayed my permed hair with coloured red hair spray last night for a halloween party. I've tried washing it out but it has turned cerise pink any ideas how 2 get it out?

View more questions Search