Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daskgh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Can She be Trusted
    My wife addmitted cheating on me. We talked about leaving and going our separate ways by we talk to a marriage therapist who suggested that we concentrate on the marriage for a while. She had promised to concentrate on our marriage and nothing else. My problem is I don't trust her and she still works at the same place with the guy she has been cheating with. Can I trust her to stay away?
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Oct 24, 2007, 10:42 AM
    There are two major types of feelings in a relationship, love and trust, some say you need both, I don't think so, if you don't love her then let her go, get a private investigator, prove her deeds and go on with life. If you can understand that you all won't live there forever or the guy won't live there forever then it will end between them and you can have your woman back. And she will know who was standing by her side the whole time, you.

You got to be a man and do what you feel is right but at least be prepared for plan B.
    erlobenauer Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Oct 24, 2007, 10:53 AM
    There is no way to know if she can be trusted or not. In my opinion, I wouldn't trust her, just because it takes time to get the trust back. If you love your wife, stick with the therapist and make it work.

If she isn't being faithful still, then its obvious she doesn't care about this marriage. My advice is to do everything you can to make this marriage work, even if she doesn't. At least you can have the right to tell yourself that you did absolutely everything you could - if it fails from her not cooperating and trying to gain your trust by staying away, that's on her. You don't deserve to be cheated on, and as I have said before, if she loves you - she will focus 100 percent into rebuilding your trust and marriage.

GOOD LUCK
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Oct 27, 2007, 06:38 AM
    I think that she has to prove to you in her deeds that you can trust her. Trust cannot be rushed, thus give yourself some time to recover
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 27, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Daskgh,

The first problem you have is that your wife made her dilemma your pain.

Now you have to decide how you are going to manage the act of infidelity along with the pain and misery dumped in your lap. If you took her back and forgave her for her actions, then you are implicitly accepting her at her word and are giving to her some level of your trust.

However, there is no such thing as forgive and forget. At any time for any reason, real or imagined it will pop into your head what she did! When that happens, I suggest that you tell yourself why your took her back and examine her current behavior to see if her current actions demand a reexamination. I would first sit the lady down and tell her about your feelings and worries. I suggest that you do this so you can give her an open invitation to reassure you that she merits your trust.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Daskgh
    My wife addmitted cheating on me. We talked about leaving and going our seperate ways by we talk to a marriage therapist who suggested that we concentrate on the marriage for a while. She had promised to concentrate on our marriage and nothing else. My problem is i dont trust her and she still works at the same place with the guy she has been cheating with. Can i trust her to stay away?
    How many times did you and your wife meet with this therapist? It seems very odd that a therapist would tell you to "concentrate on the marriage for a while" and not give you any help in coping with this. Your wife has broken her trust with you so of course you don't trust her, especially if this guy works with her. What have you said to your wife about this and what has her response been? What is your wife doing and saying in an attempt to regain your trust? Are you continuing your therapy sessions? If not, I strongly advise that you continue going for counseling as a couple. If this counselor isn't helping you cope with this, then find another one. You both need to understand why this incident occurred and what you both can do to move past this IF saving your marriage is what you both truly want to do. Marriage is work. Communication is the key to a healthy marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone trusted carbo drinks for passing a urine test for t.h.c. [ 52 Answers ]

Has anyone out there had success with them?

Can up and coming accountants be trusted? [ 9 Answers ]

It appears that the number one category of homework/quiz cheats are taking Accounting. I've come to that conclusion just from the sheer number of blatant cut and paste jobs on the forum in the last few weeks. Are we to deduce that new workers entering the Accounting field are going to cut...

Can an ex-cheater be trusted? [ 3 Answers ]

He was married and cheated on his wife. He did get a divorce and was honest with his ex-wife about the reason. He then tried to maintain a relationship with the person he cheated on his wife with, until he realized that she was cheating on him. He was very hurt and didn't have a relationship for...

View more questions Search