Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nila2007 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Could I be pregnant
    :confused:

Hi,

Im trying to conceive and I had sex for the very first time exactly on 19th of Oct'2007. My period is due on 26th Oct 2007. Is it possible that I could conceive even though it was just a week before my period was due? Also, I have already started to experience symptoms like extreme triedness, diziness, headaches, etc. On the other hand I also feel a mild pain 'down there' as I normally feel a few days before getting my periods. Help... Thnx
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 24, 2007, 10:21 AM
    You can conceive at any time of the month. It all depends on your ovulation schedule, and each of us women are different.

While it is possible that you are pregnant, most likely you would not be experiencing any symptoms yet. Unfortunately you are now playing the waiting game.

You should also know that excessive worry/stress can cause your period to be late.
    Nila2007 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Will semen leaking out affect conception
    Dear Expert,

Im a 25 year old woman and I have just started to try conceiving. My last period was on 26/10/07 and since I have a regular 28 day menstrual cycle, my next period is due on 23/11/07. Hence I and my husband decided to have sexual intercourse on every other day starting 01/11/07 till 15/11/07 so that we won't miss out my ovulation time. However, during the last few attempts I noticed that 'sometimes' after sex, a considerable amount of semen leaks out of my vagina. Although I know that this kind of leaking is normal, I don't understand why it leaks only sometimes when it all stays up there at other times we have sex. Are both cases equally normal? Or does leaking indicate that we are not doing it properly? Im wondering if this would affect my chances of conception. I use 2 pillows under my hips every time we have sex to enable deeper penetration and I also stay up in an elevated position for at least half an hour every time after sex. Please help me out of this confusion. Thanks beforehand.
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Nov 7, 2007, 12:28 PM
    In my opinion, you're not doing anything wrong. Remember, millions of sperm are released with every ejaculation and you only need one of them in the right place at the right time so I think you've got that bit covered. So relax and enjoy trying, wish you the best of luck!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Its called gravity! Your body does not absorb it
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 7, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Sounds like you're doing everything right. Elevating your hips and having sex every other day helps.

The difference in the quantity of fluid could be coming from one or both of you. During a particular "session" more natural fluids could be produced, meaning more would discharge from your body at the end. (does that make sense?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Am I pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my name is Amber. I am 20 years old. I am currently 5 days late on my period but I have been having period like cramps for about 2 weeks now. My breast and nipples have been tender for about a week and a half. I have been having frequent urination also. I took a home pregnancy test when I was...

Pregnant or not [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering because my period usually starts on th 20th of each month. I just recently started having sex again and my period has been 8 days late. I have had sore breast, frequent urination, weird cravings , constantly sleeping and moodswings. Since the 20th I have had small cramps but no...

16 and pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I am sixteen years old and pregnant. I told the father who is going to be there and support me but I am not sure how to tell my mother. Mothers day is coming up so I thought that I would tell her than. I am really afraid of my father though he is a very angry person and doesn't care much for me he...

View more questions Search