Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anonymous49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Vaginal pain during pregnancy
    I am 18 weeks pregnant. Is it normal to experience vaginal discomfort inside? (Burning, itching, pain, etc.) During sex, it becomes increasingly painful and burns a lot. IS THIS NORMAL?
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Oct 21, 2007, 08:06 AM
    It sounds like you have a yeast infection which is very common during pregnancy. You will need to tell your midwife or your doctor as soon as possible so they can advice you on what to take.
    Good luck and congratulations on the pregnancy.
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 21, 2007, 12:32 PM
    During my first trimester I experienced pain during sex but it was because everything was tight and more sensitive. I would call your doctor and get checked out. Good luck!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2007, 03:29 PM
    It could be several things. It could be an infection(bladder or vaginal etc), it could be extra sensitivity due to increased blood flow/swelling that occurs during pregnancy, etc. Do you have foul smelling, oddly textured or discolored discharge? Is it all the time, or only during sex that you have the pain? Its not uncommon at all to get infections when pregnant. It is important that you immediately contact your physician and tell them about this problem. Most likely they will have you come in and do a few tests and help you get things taken care of quickly. It may be nothing, but if it is an infection, and you leave it for too long it can become serious and potentially dangerous to mother and baby, so make sure you get things checked out soon. (for example, a bladder infection left alone for too long can cause serious kidney problems.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After sex vaginal pain [ 7 Answers ]

After I have sex with my boyfriend my vagina begins to hurt terribly. It stings and also my vagina swells up. I have been tested in the last nine months and have not been with any one but him so I don't think its an std. the only thing I think could be causing the stinging is that I shave down...

Vaginal pain [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend has slowly accumulated pain in the inner forward part of her vagina. It is a sharp pain that occurs when we are having sex. It is located about 2 or 3 inches below her belly button on the inside. Do you know what this might be?

Vaginal discharge/ Pain in left side of stomach(Bottom part) [ 5 Answers ]

Before were using condom as a protection for almost 3 years and all of a sudden we stop using it. Even before I took my first pap smear I been having this light yellow discharge and sometimes it appears white. I feel burning after sex. Other than that, I 'm having sometimes pain in my left side at...

Early pregnancy with pain and bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

I am six weeks pregnant and have had continued bleeding, cramps, pain and back pain for the last 5 days. The er said I have a threatened miscarraige. I have read lots on the internet, but nothing with the same symptoms. Since my symptoms have continued I must be having a miscarraige, right?

Pain in legs since pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

Since birth of my first child seven months ago I have had pain and coldness in lower legs. I had a normal pregnancy and vaginal birth with no drugs. Any idea what this could be?

View more questions Search