Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwames Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2007, 12:20 AM
    Judgements and BK
    I had a Bk discharged in01/06 and just got a credit report that showed I still have several judgements, aren't bankrupties supposed to get rid of those? And if not how do I get them off.
    Any help is appreciated
    txhutch07 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jwames
    I had a Bk discharged in01/06 and just got a credit report that showed i still have several judgements, arent bankrupties supposed to get rid of those?? And if not how do i get them off.
    Any help is appreciated
    Ok, this is probably the most asked question I received at my old job. If you had a judgment prior to filing bankruptcy the only way for it to have been removed by the bankruptcy is if your attorney filed a Motion to Avoid Judgment in the bankruptcy to take care of the judgment. If he did not file a separate Motion then the judgments stay regardless of the case being discharged.
    In my business most debtors don't tell their attorneys about the judgments they have until it's too late.

At this point you can try to settle with your creditors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgements Against Me [ 4 Answers ]

This is complicated. I am married. I have credit card debt in my name only. Two judgements against me only. I am incredibly stressed. I have my own checking account and then I have a checking with my husband. They attached a levy against my checking account. I know they will probably...

Judgements. What can they do? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me now. The atty's have withdrawn their lower settlement offer and raised it because they found out about some property they think I own. They are threatening all kinds of tings to get the money. Can they garnish my wages? Can they take money from my bank account? Can...

Judgements. What can they take [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me now. The atty's have withdrawn their lower settlement offer and raised it because they found out about some property they think I own. They are threatening all kinds of tings to get the money. Can they garnish my wages? Can they take money from my bank account? Can...

Judgements [ 4 Answers ]

I moved 2 months ago and did not notify the Collection Agency of my new address. I left a forwarding address at the Post Office and have received nothing from them by mail. If so, the post office would have forwarded it to me. Someone told me a Collection Agency can legally seek an "undercover"...

View more questions Search