Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brashj54 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2007, 03:42 PM
    So sad &afraid, always, painful lonliness, I need to talk
    I am so sad and so afraid all the time, so depressed it hurts. I have a variety of physical problems, they alone would stop most people, but the depression over rides them all. I need to talk, I don't want to be scolded or told to pull myself up by my boot straps. I have been treated for Major Sadness it is an uncommon diagnosis and when I was being treated by Harvard Dr's I was given a diagnosis of Suicidally Terminal, it is a diagnosis that is almost never given. Yet I have been tested over and over, I am not bipolar, not manic, not even major depression. Yet they have me on more antidepressants than they consider safe to take. And every Psychiatrist has told me I have no personality disorders, I started seeing Psychiatrist when I was 17 and now I am 53. And my diagnosis has not changed, I get so sad it hurts physically, and I am afraid all the time. I need people who care to talk to. I have seen people on this site that truly care. Will you talk to me?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2007, 03:57 PM
    If there is nothing wrong, why the meds? I'm sorry you are having this trouble. Have you sought a second or third opinion?
    brashj54 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Over the Last 36 years if have been on just about every anti deperssive med there is, nothing works. I can't even remember how many DR's I have seen, but have been a good patient always taking what they give me, never just quiting it. I am disabled now with Poly Neuropathy, lupus, crippling arthritis, and the worst is dentures, I always tell young people to take care of there teeth, I would rather have lost a leg from the need down than have to deal with these dentures. Oh I for got, open heart surgery, five or more heart attacks, and 5 stints placed in one of my arteries. But the sorrow and deprssion far out weigh any of this. My wife decided when I got so sick (physically) she didn't sign on for that and left me, I don't even know where she is. She hasn't divoced me just disappeared. So I have to be my own care giver which is tough because she was going to have my car sent down to me when we separated, but instead she sold it and left me with no transportaton. This makes life even more dificult. I began to hurt from all my physical problems so bad at one point I cut my wrist ( I studied how did it corectly) had to have 5 suggers (sp) in the artery and 6 stiches. But it wasn't the depression it was the pain that made me do that. I wish I had the courage to do that again but I am a Christian and really don't want to meet God that way. I'm sorry for over answering but occurred to me I hadn't told everything. Also, thank you for your concern.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2007, 04:45 PM
    I was going to suggest exercise that is a natural treatment to depression, but it sounds like your disabilities won't allow too much activity.

Do you take any therapy along with all the meds?
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 21, 2007, 10:13 PM
    I don't know how to help you, but I just want to say that you can overcome this! You can be happy! You can do anything you set your mind to! I believe you can do it, you deserve to feel happy! If you feel the need to talk use this thread or pm me ill listen to whatever you need to vent if you want to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very sad :( so verbally abused & can't compete with computer addictions [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Already I feel like I have friends by just being on here. Here I am a hard working woman of 41 with 2 kids 22&21 2nd marriage,my first husband had an affair after 16yrs was on my own for awhile and met husband no2. I should have known at the start something wasn't right when on my...

Cluster of bites on lower back. Painful & VERY itchy! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have never used this site before, but thought I might give it a try. Six days ago, Saturday, I fell into a bush by a deserted building while walking (not sure if it's relevant), and on Monday I woke up with 2 bites on my lower back. I scratched them, since I assumed it was just bug...

Beliefs, values=lonliness & maybe happiness [ 25 Answers ]

Thi post is completely separate of any of my other post. I've come to the conclusion that I maybe spending the rest of my life without a man. It's not that I need a man, I'd want a man, but only a real man and it seems what I consider a real man doesn't exist at all. I can't seem to accept that...

Confused & Sad [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I had been dating my boyfriend for 7 months when he was involved in an accident. He has now been in hospital over 4 months and will be there for at least another 9. Although badly physically, he is recovering and will get better. When I first met him, he was still getting over a previous...

View more questions Search