Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michelle0688 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Theft under $5000
    I know there have been other topics about this but..
    Just recently I was charged with theft under 5000$ at wal mart (in canada).. ( a pack of highlighters, and eye shadow.. pathetic, I know)
    The cop issued me a time to go the police station for pictures and finger prints, and a court date in December..
    I am 19 and want to know if this will appear on my criminal record?
    I do not have a lawyer, and don't even know how to get one?
    Thank you
    camilo Posts: 14, Reputation: -2

Oct 18, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle0688
    I know there have been other topics about this but..
    Just recently i was charged with theft under 5000$ at wal mart (in canada).. ( a pack of highlighters, and eye shadow.. pathetic, i know)
    The cop issued me a time to go the police station for pictures and finger prints, and a court date in december..
    I am 19 and want to know if this will appear on my criminal record?
    I do not have a lawyer, and don't even know how to get one?
    Thank you
    If you live in the USA it proplably won't show in the FBI files. That what's not a very smart thing you did. Find out if you were charge with a felony I don't know much about Cadian laws. I think if you won't tell anyone they won't be able to find out because we don't check crimal backgrounds checks outside the USA.
    Michelle0688 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by camilo
    If you live in the USA it proplably won't show in the FBI files. That what's not a very smart thing you did. Find out if you were charge with a felony I don't know much about Cadian laws. I think if you won't tell anyone they won't be able to find out due to the fact that we don't check crimal backgrounds checks outside the USA.
    No, I live in Canada.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle0688
    pathetic, i know
    What is even more “pathetic” is that you stuck around to get arrested. Pathetic isn’t the right word, more like foolish. Perhaps you felt guilty, or couldn’t escape the security guard.

Anyway,

This will NOT appear on your criminal record until you are convicted. Therefore, it is not yet on your record.

You can find lawyers in plenty of places. I just did a quick Google search and this was the first thing that popped up: Find Canadian Lawyers - Lawyer Directory and Referral Services

You should consider looking into the Diversion program.
    famlee Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Oct 20, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Hope you don't like shopping at Walmart much or can get your fill doing it online, here in the US they ban you from their property and stores for life. Not allowed to even be in parking lot or at the gas stations they own, or sams club. NO where on premises.

My cousin and his friend was in Walmart and his friend tried stealing something. The friend was taking it all out of package and stuffing it in pockets, but my cousin wouldn't put any in his. He(my cousin) waved at the camera and stuff to draw attention. His friend and him got caught. He was 17, so his parents had to come pick him up and Walmart said don't come back until you are 18. They didn't press charges on him. But the friend got banned for life and charges pressed. What's funny is, he applied 6 months later and was approved for a walmart charge card. I'd think they would have some sort of security measure in place to cross reference applicants with those who are banned. Guess not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000.. : ( [ 20 Answers ]

Hey, I just got caught stealing from the Bay (HBC). I was first put under arrest.. brought into the back of the store and they took all of my information etc. etc. They checked my criminal record and everything, and since I don't have one they did not charge me but I'm not allowed going into...

Theft Under $5000 [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I did something really stupid. I won't go into much detail about how stupid I was for doing it the point is I did it. I stole around $50 dollars from the till that I was working. Now I've been charged with Theft under $5000 which I understand. But I need to know two things. They...

Theft under 5000 [ 2 Answers ]

My close friend got charged wi th theft under 5000.he was caught stealing stuff from the store where he was working in.He is also charged with possession of property obtained by crime under 5000.Plase suggest how to deal with and how can he save his record?It is his first crime in life.his age is...

Theft Under 5000/ way under 5000 [ 14 Answers ]

Okay this is probably one of the dumbest things I have done, day before yesterday I was caught on my own street with 2 other friends and I went into an open car, now I was not going to steal any money, I just didn't want to look like a pansy, I know stupid excuse. Anyway, right when I was in the...

View more questions Search