Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ESPAN004 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Marriage to obtain permanent resident
    I'm from the United States, I brought my wife through a fiancée visa and we got married within 90 days and she went back to her country of Colombia. One year later I submit the petition for my wife to come to the United States, she came back got her permanent resident card and she left me and went to another city in the United States. My question is, if the permanent resident card can be revoked and what can I do to report this kind of fraud.
    camilo Posts: 14, Reputation: -2

Oct 17, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ESPAN004
    I'm from the United States, I brought my wife through a fiancee visa and we got married withing 90 days and she went back to her country of Colombia. One year later I submit the petition for my wife to come to the United States, she came back got her permanent resident card and she left me and went to another city in the United States. My question is, if the permanent resident card can be revoked and what can I do to report this kind of fraud.
    I have some experience in this field. What happened to is that you were used by this person to get her residence. You need to go to the INS website and make an appoimant with an ins officer and state your case. Changes are that she will be deported for fraud.
    camilo Posts: 14, Reputation: -2

Oct 17, 2007, 04:51 PM
    I have some experience in this field. This appears that you were used by this person to get her residence to moved to the USA and then dumped you. This goes on everyday there are many beautiful ladies in Colombia and are very smart in using the system. I recommen for you to go the INS website and schedule an appoinment with an ins officer and state your case. This appears that is fraud and ins won't put up with it. Make your appt ASP and she might get deported for ins fraud which is a federal offence. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to obtain legal US bank account for non resident? [ 25 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a US non resident, and the only way to withdraw my funds from PayPal is by an abroad bank account and a debit card. PayPal doesn't charge for transferring money to any US bank Account - even to brokerage accounts. I'll be very thankful if someone may give me some information about....

Permanent Residence through marriage [ 2 Answers ]

How long must you remain married to the person to obtain permanent residence without having your status revoked if the relationship ends?

Any specials for canadian PR (permanent resident) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, My status: (1) F1--->OPT--->H1B, H1B took effect in Nov. 2006, so I think I only can file as NR (using 1040NR) (2) My wife came to US and stayed here from 8/1/2006, she holds the B1/B2 (visitor visa) until the end of year 2006. In Jan. 2007, she changed her Visa to H4 (3) Both of us...

F-1 to permanent resident tax issues [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to thank all of you in advance for your help. Here is my story: Entered US in March '98 with F-1 visa, married US Citizen in August '02 but never filed for residency with INS. We have filed taxes as married filing jointly ('02, '03, '04, '05) with my TIN - Never...

View more questions Search