Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Feb 27, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomy123
    I just don't want to talk about it anymoore i just thought i would let you all know what had happen to me so that it won't happen to you.
    I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you.
    I also think you are right. Monobenzone at 20% is a bit too high! Lightening skin should be gradual. If anyone desperately wants to use mono then start at a weaker strength.
    Brown skin Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Jordan
    This is for Vahid and all you other vain people out there thinking about using Benoquin, even if you do not need it.

I have used this drug from the minute it became available and it has been the right choice for me.

BUT and a very big but is that this should not be used by people who do not need it. I started having Vitiligo at 11. It may have stayed as a little white patch on my eyelids and may be I would have some white "moles" here and there if it was left alone. However, my parents were very diligent in trying to get the best trestments for me which meant using any god forbidden junk, from the most advanced pills recommended by the doctors to applying nathropathic creams no short of witchcraft.
    One particular treatment required me to take some (now illegal and off the market) pills which would sensitize me to the ultra viloet rays of the sun and then I had to spend up to an hour under the sun or under special tanning lapms during the winter. One day I fell sleep and spent 15 minutes extra under the sun: I developed third degree burns on my arms and most of my face. When the burns cleared I never got the colour back. Any trauma to the skin rubs it of its colour and the patches will then spread.

By the time Benoquin was developed I had milky patches on over 70% of my body. I was 19. The use of benoquin helped me get my face back, not having to use heavy creams or cringe every time I saw a picture of myself.

BUT the use of Benoquin is not for every one: specailly for people who have normal skin and want to lighten it. First of all why lighten your skin, it does not change who you are. You can not de-ethnicize yourself, like Vahid. You will be Vahid, white or brown or black or red. If you do not like your self with this colour, you will not like yourself with white face as well. Furthermore, doesn't this feed into the stereotype of the "White" race being the dominant race, being the measure of beauty?

Have you guys considered the downside?

I use the highest SPF sunscreen and still burn. I love the sun and swimming, I go to the tropics twice a year and I am the only one by the pool who will be wearing a large hat, sunproof shirt over my bathing suit and towels draped over my legs if I have to sit by the pool more than 5 minutes. And you know what I can still burn: in stupid place like the back of your knee when it hurts like hell to even sit bending your leg. How about having to use sunscreen year-round? I can burn in the cloudy weather worse than in the sun! Attractive huh???

I was in Alaska in Sep 07. On a rare sunny day, I was swimming in the cruise ship's covered pool when they opened the top. I did not even feel the sun on my body but the next day I developed fine freckle like pigmentation all over my hands and arms, on my chest and one large one under one eye. I live in Canada and in the past few years you could get Benoquin without prescription. My dermatologist told me to use Benoquin again. I used up a half tube I had left but when I tried to buy new ones, I was told it was discontinued, Possibly due to mis-use by "skin-lighteners". My doctor has prescribed Lustra-AF. This is the correct cream to use if you are trying to lighten your skin a little and get rid of some spots. I still have not been able to get rid of my "Freckles".

Also be aware that any burnt part of skin that develops the pigment again is usually darker than your normal skin and is very resistant to lightening again, even with Benoquin.

Also use of beoquin may mean that you may get patches of white hair in the middle of your eye brow, lashes, hair, or even body hair for men. How would you like to have white chest and pubic hair to match that fair skin??? Not very sexy.

Most important of all the risk of skin cancer is quite serious. Understand this: YOU HAVE NO PROTECTION IN YOUR SKIN. Fair people have colour and melatonin, just less of it. Albinos and people with vitiligo have none.

Why would you want to reproduce a disease is beyond me.

Do not do this if you do not have to. I love this drug. It was my life saver. But I would gladly do anything to reverse the clock and to get my natural colour back. Sadly I do not even know what it is not to have Vitiligo. I have had it for 28 years and my non-colour complexion is a part of who I am. It is a part of the story of my life. It does not have to be a part of yours. It does not have to define who you are.

Like yourself as you are. If you do not like your self in the skin you are in, how can you like yourself in any other colour? After all it IS only skin deep. Self reliance is the most attractive trait. It trumps every physical characteristic. Try to get some of that and nothing else will matter.

Hi, I was reading you message, it seemsto be true but I really want to lighten my skin correctly. Do you have any advice. Tell me more about Lustra AF. Is it strong
    Look forward to talking
    gloomy123 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Never used anthing other than monobenzone in lotion and that's it.for 1yr. I just know that I'm through with monobenzone. Sorry I every heard of it.my co-workers look at me funny. Asking everybody else except me about what happen to her skin? And just get stared at all the time that's hard for me. Honestly I can't deal with it.
    mona4white Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Gloomy there is always a new beginning. I don't know whaht was your previous colour

If you were asian, then I can thoroughly understand your condition, I suggest leave that place and start altogether from a new place, new people, new job

Feb 27, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Mono_atten : sorry to ask you again but can you say exactly what percentages mono you and lovie used and what's vahid is using now

Feb 27, 2008, 09:43 AM
    You know guys, I had 1 bollywood movie offer, not lead but a side role, by hearing gloomy, I think I should now stay where I am and concentrate on my work rather than skin whitening

Feb 27, 2008, 09:45 AM
    All add me on Yahoo messenger : [email protected] Its more comfortable 2 talk there. Thanks
    jojo9090 Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 03:23 PM
    What's a good percentage of mono to start using, and what sort of results can be expected/how long will it take to acieve them?
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Feb 27, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo9090
    Whats a good percentage of mono to start off using, and what sort of results can be expected/how long will it take to acieve them?
    Before you think about using monobenzone, ask yourself how many shades lighter do you want to go? Do you want to be white? Will it suit you? And if monobenzone doesn't give you the desired result and ends up as a disaster, would you be able to cope with the irreversible result? Do you want to use it knowing that there is a risk that things might not turn out the way you wanted it to?

If you want to go a few shades lighter then use products containing kojic acid, arbutin, licorice, mulberry and so on.

If you want to go white then fair enough, use monobenzone. Use a low strength, lets say start at 3-5%? The results should be gradual with it. Anything as high as 15-20 could give faster results but then there is a high risk it might give you white streaks/spots or a more unpleasant result. So just be patient with the low strength and see how it goes.

Good luck.
    mgfusion Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkChic
    Before you think about using monobenzone, ask yourself how many shades lighter do you want to go? Do you want to be white? Will it suit you? And if monobenzone doesn't give you the desired result and ends up as a disaster, would you be able to cope with the irreversible result? Do you want to use it knowing that there is a risk that things might not turn out the way you wanted it to?

If you want to go a few shades lighter then use products containing kojic acid, arbutin, licorice, mulberry and so on.

If you want to go white then fair enough, use monobenzone. Use a low strength, lets say start at 3-5%? The results should be gradual with it. Anything as high as 15-20 could give faster results but then there is a high risk it might give you white streaks/spots or a more unpleasant result. So just be patient with the low strength and see how it goes.

Good luck.

I think Punkchic has given really good advice here, the idea of using monobenzone sounds crazy to most because of its high risk factors , but if you are really stubborn and do want to use it then always start with a low % of mono as the higher % you take the more likely you could ruin your skin. You've probably heard that 20% of mono is right to lighten the skin in a few months , but this is only advice for people with Vitiligo, as they need quick results to match the unpigmented areas of their body. There is no advice for the non-vitiligo consumer, because most dermatologists will refuse to help. Which leaves random people you don't know who are willing to take the chance and risk and then give their experiences of it, but remember the effect of monobenzone is different with everyone.

Monobenzone was discovered in the 1930's by workers who were wearing gloves that contained monobenzone, after some time they satrted noticing lost pigment in their hands. Then it was used from the 1940's to 1950's to treat hyperpigmentation and was generally successful, but later they discovered that with some patients certain areas that were not treated were losing pigmentation, which lead to the discovery that applying it to one part (face) would work into the system and lighten maybe your left arm , or chest, and this kind of risk in the medical world is considered exremely harmful. I have access to medical Journals as I work in a university and I have read quite a lot now on it and learnt a few new things. Again it all comes down to whether you are willing to take the risk
    Brown skin Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowkat
    o now that makes sense for the price

if i do try mono it will be this one because your color looks so natural

how long did it take for you to see results ?

are you still using mono ?
    Hi, I'm asking for your help with mono, I believe I came across the same website for
    Mono costing 1500 but I'm not sure
    I have qustions for you just like you had for Lovei. Are you willing to help me.
    How is mono coming along for you. And how did you get a sample before spending 1500
    Do you have any pictures
    Look forward to talking
    monobenzone_attention Posts: 64, Reputation: 3
    -

Feb 28, 2008, 11:52 AM
    1500 USD? That's LAME.. I would never pay 1500USD for 1kg.. I am shocked
    Vahid Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomy123
    never used anthing other than monobenzone in lotion and that's it.for 1yr. i just know that i'm thru with monobenzone. sorry i every heard of it.my co-workers look at me funny. asking everybody else except me about what happen to her skin? and just get stared at all the time that's hard for me. honestly i can't deal with it.
    Well first of all.. That is a possibility that MAYBE given your body and how it works etc one may receive a bad reaction to mono, which I would say are in rare cases.

My skin wasn't that dark to begin with, and I don't always apply it. Sometimes I can't be bothered. Which may be one of the reasons my mono is completely even.. but then again I think it's just not that bad at all.

I think..

MONO WORKS!

Vahid.

Also hey lovie1 I just received my order of glutathione pills, I got Dr James, and Kirkland Vit C, and Kojic Soap. Kojic soap is beautiful.. smells like oranges and is so soapy and luxurious. I bought my products for a really good price from SIMPLY TRADING . They were checked by customs which took a little while but eventually I got them and Im very happy. Shoud help increase my health and beauty and make the whitenning process quicker!!

ALL HAIL MONO!! Hahaha.

Vahid.

Feb 29, 2008, 05:20 AM
    Vahid I'm not sure if gloomy is really fake , because her symptoms sound very real, if it was that safe then lots of people would be using this for skin whitening, but it isn't , it has many dangers. Also some people have been known to have even whitening for up to 2 years, then all of a sudden the pigment start to come back , and much faster causing hyperpigmentation.
    Vahid Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mgfusion
    Vahid I'm not sure if gloomy is really fake , because her symptoms sound very real, if it was that safe then lots of people would be using this for skin whitening, but it isn't , it has many dangers. Also some people have been known to have even whitening for up to 2 years, then all of a sudden the pigment start to come back , and much faster causing hyperpigmentation.
    All right mg you're right.. I don't want to throw accusations so I edited it out of my post.

x Vahid.
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Feb 29, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Non caucasian skin is very sensitive especially if it's very dark , all non caucations are not good candidate for a lot of skin treatments like laser, you have to be extra careful with it, if you irritate the melanan aggressively it will react by darkening and other undesirable conditons, you have to go very gentle with it.
    If you make melanan suddenly mad it will make you more madder, the more darker you are the more gently you have to go on it
    gloomy123 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Feb 29, 2008, 05:53 AM
    My intention was to never try to scare anyone or rain on their parade . I just wanted to share what I'm going through this very moment. So at least if you see some of the signs that I have you can have a chance to stop while it's still early. (that is IF you see the same signs) What I have going onwith me right now I would'nt wish on my worst enemy.

I'm not here to tell anyone what not to use. And for the person that ask me about depigmenting all the way I Can't. I mean it. Hell I don't know like I'm stuck. All I know is I won't ever use it again. And hopefully the plasic sugeon in New York can help me (once I get the money together),

I used to be pretty. Summers coming and I'm in a bad shape. So now I go to figure out something.
    -

Feb 29, 2008, 06:00 AM
    What kind of surgery is that?
    Again, how disfigured? If you have loss of Melanin(patches) how the doctors are going to restore that?
    What is the percentage?and how did you use it?

Feb 29, 2008, 06:30 AM
    I heard about this one person, who didn't have vitiligo and was using 50% monobenzone twice everyday, for 1 year, then started reacting in bad ways , by getting huge white marks all over face and body, now there's nothing he can do. Well I think this is crazy, and there are a lot of people who are not that sensible and use this stuff without really knowing the dangers. You should try to read as much as you can on it, and then go with an extremely low % , it's the logical thing to do.
    -

Feb 29, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Gloomy, can you you elaborate more about how disfigured you are?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vitiligo and tanning [ 7 Answers ]

I have Vitiligo on about 40% of my body (for those of you who don't know, it means that those areas are without pigmentation). I would like to walk around with a nice, deep tan (I live in Florida). Could you recommend any skin stains and such that I could use, which would last a long time? ...

I don't know what to say or do [ 5 Answers ]

I'm not sure where to start,OK ill start with my nan and pop live in india and I haven't seen them since I was a child (now 20) and we keep in contact through phone and email. I got an email from my nan and pop today saying that she's having some madical problems and needs a pacemaker. I no a...

My cpu is at 100 and don't know why [ 4 Answers ]

My cpu is at 100 and is slowing everything down I've defragged my computer, scanned for viruses, and restarted. It just started doing this. Task manager says system idle process is taking up all the cpu. Ireally hope you can help!

View more questions Search