Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    enermax Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 09:25 PM
    No heat
    Changed board & pressure switch getting no voltage to inducer motor. Checked all tubes & flue pipe. 80+ goodman upflow. Still blinks 3 times saying pressure switch as soon as it calls for heat. What else could it be?
    hvacman1961 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by enermax
    changed board & pressure switch getting no voltage to inducer motor. checked all tubes & flue pipe. 80+ goodman upflow. still blinks 3 times saying pressure switch as soon as it calls for heat. what else could it be?
    The goodman furnace is fairly accurate when the light blinks 3 times means that you probably have a restriction in your vent pipe or chimney or the small orfice on the induce draft fan (where the rubber hose connects may be stopped up, shut system down and pull hose off and take a small wire and clean the orfice.
    enermax Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 07:14 AM
    Checked all that. Inducer motor does not come on
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2007, 08:08 AM
    As I said in your other thread, you need to make sure the board is sending power to the inducer.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2007, 04:37 PM
    The pressure switch is normally open with out the inducer motor running the switch closes when the inducer motor starts running. The control board knows if 24 volts is going through the switch with out the inducer running and will lock out. Check the switch to see if its wired right or stuck in the closed position.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

GFA Heat; Poor Heating in Apt - Heat is Trapped Near the Ceiling [ 6 Answers ]

In a nutshell: The warm-air registers in my apt are at the very top of the ten foot high walls. Hot air does not circulate properly to heat my 1-bedroom apartment. Details: Based on what I know about the basics of energy, heat rises. And I can't for the life of me understand who thought...

Heat pump stuck in heat mode [ 4 Answers ]

I have a heat pump that seems to be stuck in heat mode. When you try to turn the a/c on it runs heat. I got the a/c to run by cycling the power a couple of times but after having to use the heat again, it is stuck again. Could this be an electrical problem or is it probably the reversing valve?

Heat runs with ac and even auto kicks on emg heat [ 1 Answers ]

(Coleman Evcon) Some how the hot and cold on the inside thermostat switched.how is that possible?and how do I fix it?

Electric heat pump auxilery heat problem [ 4 Answers ]

Equipment: Trane XL1400 4 years old Auxilery heat: Strips... 2 -60Amp circuits Filters changed every 30 days I cleaned outdoor unit summer 2006, as every year. Thermostat: Honeywell Chromotherm II Problem: I have been noticing at times the aux heat kicking in at times I think it should not....

View more questions Search