Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WeCanDoIt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Removal of plaster from interior brick walls
    Has anyone had success removing plaster from interior brick walls to expose the brick beneath? Would like to have the brick as the finished surface when removal is complete. It looks like a major portion of the plaster can be removed with a flat shovel. Are chemicals needed to remove the rest, or is sand blasting the recommended method? If chemicals, which ones and where can they be purchased? Thanks!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2007, 10:54 AM
    If you don't want to damage the surface underneath, then I'll bet walnut shells would be your best bet after removing what you could with a flat shovel and scraping.

Walnut Shells: Ground, Crushed Walnut Shell Blasting and Cleaning Media

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Removing paint from plaster walls [ 4 Answers ]

How do I remove old layers of paint to get down to the original plaster walls?

Stripping paint from plaster walls... [ 2 Answers ]

I've been able to chip away most of the paint on my 1930's houses' plaster walls down to the plaster. There were two layers of paint and they came off very easily from the wall... almost like an eggshell off an egg. There was a border along the top of the wall, and the paint layers under the...

New wiring in plaster walls [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, I need any help I can get on this one. I am rewiring my living room of an old victorian house built around 1900. The exterior wall is brick and the interior wall is plaster. The plaster was placed directly on top of the brick (no lath or wood inbetween). Does anyone have any experience with...

Old Plaster walls [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, just want to check if it is kosher to put a wall frame over top of an old plaster wall, and then drywalling over that. This would negate any removal of the plaster and lath, saving a lot of work! Also leaves it open to move wiring around, which wouldn't be possible if I just drywalled right...

Repairing Plaster walls [ 1 Answers ]

Our house is over 100 years old. The walls have cracks and places where the plaster is coming loose from the wall. I would like a quick and easy cheap fix. Have any Ideas? Thank You Kyle

View more questions Search