Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silent Breeze Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Oct 16, 2007, 03:04 AM
    Do guys like shy girls?
    I gave up on the former guy in my school, now I'm 100% single and happy, if anyone cares to know :p
    Anyway, I was thinking about everything between us -just to learn my lessons if I made any mistakes-
    My friend was flirty, shinny (lipgloss, glitter :p ), she laughed at anything guys would say even though she may not even understand the joke, and tried to make herself the center of attention in any possible way sometimes she was like begging for the attention.
    I am outgoing and funny, but still shy, sweet, and kind. The opposite of her when it comes to guys. I think deeper than looks and I am shy, whenever a guy looks at me I smile shyly and look away. If the same thing happened with her, (and sometimes even if the guy was looking at me) she would keep looking at him, smiling and leading him on.
    I take a more sweet/casual style and she takes the hip-hop and flashy style. Our friends like me more than her because they know who I am and know who she really is. But guys don't see that -at least in my part don't come that close- and it seems like whenever we go out guys look at me from a distance and admire me but somehow then end up talking to her! Even though I could swear a while ago they were checking me out and admiring me and smiling at me, is it possible every guy would be using me to get to her? Even though most of the people who know us (friends and family) say that I am much better looking than her, sometimes I feel like I am not, since she's always getting the attention.
    Many girls describe me as sugar sweet and her as pepper red. Not only in clothes, but she wouldn't mind to go up to a guy and start talking to him, I wouldn't do that because I'm way to shy and would like the guy to come to me instead of me going out boldly to him. Basically she's my opposite.
    My question is, do guys really like outgoing girls and flirty girls who aren't afraid to walk up to them and start a conversation? Or do they enjoy the shyness of girls and like it when the girl tries to play a little hard to get and likes romance instead of shallow relationships? And am I wrong to be shy or is she the girl guys consider a one-night-stand? Do I scare off the guys when I look away –shyly- when they smile at me? How do I react in the right way when a guy looks at me so that I won't scare him off but not show him I'm so easy?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Can you tell us your age?

No I am not looking at you that way... LOL,Just a reference point.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Some guys like flashy, some guys like classy, some like nerds, some like the quiet ones.

Guys come in millions of varieties and you can't lump them all into one category. Your friend sounds like the type that will go through dozens of boyfriends whereas you will be more discerning and find one that suits your personality.

I have found that people tend to group around the "talker." That way they are in the group without having to participate that much - she does all the talking.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2007, 05:31 AM
    I married a shy girl. Been 11 years, we have two great kids and she's a top family lawyer.
    HXS Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Some guys like flashy, some guys like classy, some like nerds, some like the quiet ones.

Guys come in millions of varieties and you can't lump them all into one category. Your friend sounds like the type that will go through dozens of boyfriends whereas you will be more discerning and find one that suits your personality.

I have found that people tend to group around the "talker." That way they are in the group without having to participate that much - she does all the talking.

Ditto here! People do tend to group around the talker because there is no awkwardsness of silence. However, how many times have they walked away from that conversation feeling like the talker never listens. If you never listen then the conversation is generally all about you!!
    Silent Breeze Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Dec 19, 2007, 07:54 AM
    I'm still in high school

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guys, do you prefer shy or outgoing women? [ 12 Answers ]

Anyone's opinion is welcome :)

GUYS! Do guys like persistent girls? Do you like to be pursued? [ 13 Answers ]

I mean, wouldn't you like if the roles were switched? : ) Guys will keep trying to get with a girl they think is pretty, they don't give up! : P Wouldn't you like that?:p

Shy guy can't meet girls [ 3 Answers ]

I've been single for a while and I can't seem to get over my last girlfriend. It was fairly serious, but complicated. I loved her very much, and still do. I'm not saying I want to forget her, but I would like to get her off my mind - at least a little. However, I can't seem to meet any girls. I...

Gone from Social to shy with girls [ 3 Answers ]

IM a 14 year old boy with a problem. I can easily get girls, but it seems that once I know they like me, they back away. Ever since this has been frequently happening, my confidence and self-esteem has gone down. I need help I don't know what to do, and I haven't even gotten my first kiss yet. Ive...

Shy Guys [ 55 Answers ]

Why are (young adult) guys really shy sometimes around girls?

View more questions Search