Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princessgloomy Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Should I be hurt?
    Ok long story in its shortest possible capacity :D :

I was 16.5 when I became friends with a 21 yr old. After 2-3 monthes we knew we'd want to be more then friends in the future. Due to our religion I don't date until I'm 18 (in two monthes) which is fine by me. My friend said that was fine with him he has other things in his life he's working on before he wants a serious relationship also. So for now we hang out with friends and talk a lot.

Recently he met one of his friends older sisters. She immediately liked him and flirted with him. He let it happen for awhile hoping she'd back off. Well she didn't and he told her about me.

When he tells me this, he says his little brother thinks he's stupid for not dating the other girl because they would have made a good couple and would have worked out. Then my friend says he AGREES but he still likes me more.

My question is, shouldn't I be offended by that thought? We aren't literally dating (but will be in 2 monthes), but emotionally we are there so do I have the right to be angry? Or am I being jealous??
    aaii Posts: 91, Reputation: 10

Oct 15, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by princessgloomy
    but emotionally we are there
    No. Your either with someone, or your not. Simple as that.

Your asking US if your offended? I'm not sure how we are suppose to know, shouldn't you be asking yourself? ;)

I think you should respect that he even told you his complete feelings for her because he didn't want to go behind your back, even though you aren't together! It shows he respects you a lot.
    princessgloomy Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Haha yeah I guess I worded that incorrectly!

And you're very right about him telling me- Id be very hurt if I heard it though someone else.

I just don't know if I'd be comfortable going into a relationship with someone who openly says he'd be happy with someone else. I just don't know the difference between casually flirting w/ someone and allowing emotions to get involved?
    aaii Posts: 91, Reputation: 10

Oct 16, 2007, 05:26 AM
    I just don't know if I'd be comfortable going into a relationship with someone who openly says he'd be happy with someone else. I just don't know the difference between casually flirting w/ someone and allowing emotions to get involved?
    1. Hes told YOU, when he didn't need to, his feelings for another girl. This shows a lot of respect for you.
    2. He told you he would prefer to be with YOU, even though he does like this other girl.

The only thing I think you should be worried about is if he becomes impatient with having to wait 2 months until you are "destined" to be together, because of your religion.

The other thing is, if you do start going out, if it becomes rocky between you two he might start pointing his love in a different direction -- the direction of this other girl -- but that's just a possibility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why doesn't it hurt? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are waiting to have sex of any kind (oral, etc) till we get married. In the past, guys I have been with would get turned on and they would claim to hurt, because they couldn't "relieve" the hardness. I asked my current boyfriend, if he hurt, when this occurred. He said no. Is...

Does that hurt? [ 39 Answers ]

For the longest time I wanted to get snake bites. My mom said no and said I could get my Belly button pierced does it hurt?

How can it still hurt so much? [ 19 Answers ]

Hey everyone I'm sure by now most people know my situation but a quick refresher is that my boyfriend dumped me after 2 years together... its been almost three months now. I asked a question a couple weeks ago about doing a last grand gesture- declare my love and see if it really was over for...

Why does it hurt so much? [ 20 Answers ]

Well I suppose I should get right to the point. I have been in a relationship for the last 2 and a half years with an amazing woman. Lately things have been a little hard on our relationship causing frequent arguments. I honestly thought we could work through things and we could make our...

I'm Hurt [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone this time I really do have a problem see I was friends with this one guy named David and today just few minutes ago he told me that I was fat and ugly and just yeah then he told me that he has never liked me and that he never will and its not that which I don't get its how he had made...

View more questions Search