Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KarenCarvajal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Keeps Breaking up with me and I keep telling him to give me another chance
    He keeps breaking up with me out of anger and then I end up calling him and he takes me back... the same day! I never give him or myself a chance to think about things. I mean if I never called him back.. would he ever contact me again? I mean he did break up with me. In the last 6 months my boyfriend of a year has broken up with me 4 times. Then I walk out of his place and call him and ask him to take me back. And he does but I feel like a charity case... I mean what if I would have never called him? What should I do?
    aaii Posts: 91, Reputation: 10

Oct 15, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Why does he break up with you?

Do you see a future together?
    primetime9 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 04:20 PM
    I did the same with my girlfriend. We were dating for almost three years and the last couple months were terrible. She wanted to move in and I didn't. I broke up with her five times this year. I wanted to end it, but she kept calling me. Every time, I take her back. Finally, the last time we broke up, she never called. I ended up calling her and she told me that I had pushed her to far. She also told me she isn't in love with me anymore. I have had six weeks now without her and I am figuring out what I want. I am leaning toward wanting her in my life forever. However, she told me she is done, she is moving on, she never sees herself coming back, and not to call her anymore. I then found she was dating someone after we broke up. It really drove me nuts. I am just hoping that she does miss me and realizes that we had a great thing until the last couple of months. If I had her move in, things would be different. I would play hardball with him.

Oct 16, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aaii
    Why does he break up with you?

Do you see a future together?
    He breaks up with me because he says I don't trust him. Not just in the sense of him cheating on me but also in the sense of me double checking and giving advice on things he feels he already knows. I am only trying to be helpful but it backfires on me. Also, he says I am always accusing him of staring at other girls and sometimes when he doesn't call or act a certain way I am always stressing that its because of something I'm doing wrong, so I am constatnly asking and it bugs him. I guess I just need to kick back but if I felt there was security in the relationship then maybe I could trust. But when someone is constantly breaking up with you. It almost makes you feel like you are droppable at any time!! Wait was that a word? Well, you know what I mean.

Why try to change for the better if someone is constatnly breaking up with you likes its okay... I guess I deserve it for jumping on the phone and calling him right away after he has told me its over!
    I really don't know what else to do. I can try to fix my issues with trust and controlling issues but I need for him to be there and support me not make me feel like whatever I do isn't going to help!

Oct 16, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime9
    I did the same with my girlfriend. We were dating for almost three years and the last couple months were terrible. She wanted to move in and i didnt. i broke up with her five times this year. i wanted to end it, but she kept calling me. everytime, i take her back. finally, the last time we broke up, she never called. i ended up calling her and she told me that i had pushed her to far. she also told me she isnt in love with me anymore. i have had six weeks now without her and i am figuring out what i want. i am leaning toward wanting her in my life forever. however, she told me she is done, she is moving on, she never sees herself coming back, and not to call her anymore. i then found she was dating someone after we broke up. it really drove me nuts. i am just hoping that she does miss me and realizes that we had a great thing until the last couple of months. if i had her move in, things would be different. i would play hardball with him.
    Thanks for your response. I don't want to get to that point because I truly do love him but I am seriously starting to feel pretty pathetic. It's a vicious circle. An argument happens, he breaks up with me, I walk out and then call him within the hour. He never once admits he is wrong. Instead I call him back... talk the whole time... he says fine come back... I do... and it happens all over again. He never once apologizes, admits his faults, or even talks! He just sits there while I ramble of about how I want to change and will change and I really do try but once a slip up happens he breaks up with me (JUST LIKE THAT) the crazy part is once we are back together. I ask him, would you have ever called me back? His answer is you never give me a chance. I guess my fear is that he may not so I feel I have to call and fix things before I never hear from him again! DUMB I KNOW! But honestly, this is getting very tiring and I am tired of feeling like a charity case.
    You say play hardball with him? How? :confused:
    When we get back together and we are cool.. I don't call him at work because I feel like I am being annoying! Thinking that he may be like WOW she is fine without me let me call her! But instead he does call but is all upset because I hadn't called all day!
    UGH
    missb Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Oct 16, 2007, 08:59 AM
    I been through the same situation.my ex boyfriend for 1 1/2 years continuously kept breaking up with me every time we had an argument.I kept calling asking him to be wit me and he took me back.now the last time he broke up wit me and told me he lost feelings really hurt me.I was forced to move on and stop calling him.its like he was keeping me around until he found someone else he wanted to be with.I realized that I didn't want him back because it would be the same breakup and makeup scenario.so when I finally moved on and got somebody better I don't think about him anymore and I'm happy.im saying, don't call him to take him back.show him you don't need him in your life and pretend your not thinking about him and let him call u.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I give him one more chance? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of a year and a half was my first true love. Everything in the beginning was perfect but in the last few months we had some nasty fights. I realized he was taking me for granted, possibly because we had so many plans for the future he stopped putting in effort keep me satisfied in...

Should I give this a chance? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I met a guy 2 months ago. We clicked immediately,but I was wary because of the age difference(I'm 26,he's 22 but is mature for his age). We really hit it off,and we both were beginning to feel like we were falling for each other a month later. A few weeks ago,he told me he was in love...

Should I give my ex another chance? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 17 and I started going out with this guy when I was 15 (( off and on )). Well we'd always break up over silly things because at the time we were young and had no clue what we were doing. The 4th time we broke up it was because I "thought" we were growing apart and I wanted something new because...

Should I give him a chance? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so there's this guy that I like. He made the first move and told me that he really liked me and kissed me. His best friend also told me that he like me a lot, which is apparently unusual because he has a history of being kind of a player and not really liking the girls he's been with. The...

Should I give him a chance? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 17 &+ a Junior in hiqhschool and I met this dude in my class and he has been wanting to go out with me but I wanted to be with someone else... well he gave me his number and the last time we seen each other, he told me he got feelings for me! Well I don't know what to do, should I give him a...

View more questions Search