Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Budnick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Connecting my mp3 player to my receiver
    The cable I am going to buy is
    Play Your iPod® on Your Stereo
    The easiest way to listen to music.
    Your iPod makes it fun and easy to keep your favorite music with you just about anywhere. Now you can connect it quickly and easily to a stereo so you can share tunes with friends or get “bigger” sound at home—with Monster® iCable. DJ at a party, share playlists with friends or just enjoy full stereo without the headphones at home.

Advanced Monster Audio Technologies Deliver Great Sound
    iPod is capable of delivering great MP3 sound, but you still need a high-quality connection to get optimal sound from it. Monster iCable for iPod incorporates advanced Monster Cable audio interconnect technologies into an extra-long (7 ft.) design to match the portability of your iPod. 24k gold contacts help maximize signal transfer and resist corrosion, while DoubleHelix™ Construction, Dual “Balanced” Conductors and patented multi-gauge wire networks help eliminate noise and interference while delivering more natural, balanced digital music reproduction.

Take Your Music Beyond the Headphones—with Monster iCable
    Pack your Monster iCable in the included cable pouch and take it wherever you take your iPod. Whether you want to share music at a party or just get “bigger sound” from your MP3s at home, Monster iCable for iPod makes it fast, easy and sound great.

Compatible with: Any iPod, MP3 player, Apple and PC Computer.

Connection Instructions:

Take the 3.5mm jack and plug into the headphone jack of an iPod or other portable MP3 player.
    Plug the red and blue RCA's into the AUX inputs on the receiver. Match the Red RCA to the Red post and Blue RCA to the white post on the back of the receiver.
    Select the AUX input on your receiver. You can use any audio input on the back of the receiver that is not currently being used by a different device except Phono. Because this cable uses the headphone jack you will want to make sure that the volume is turned up on the iPod.
    Set the EQ to off otherwise you may have a conflict with whatever EQ settings that you have on your receiver
    My Aux input is being used,can I use another audio input like it says in the instructions?
    Thanks
    Budnick
    derobert Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2007, 12:05 AM
    Sure, you can use any input channel except phono, just like the instruction say. Which inputs do you have open?
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 01:30 AM
    Or you can use iTrip, No cables no mess..
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Oct 15, 2007, 08:25 AM
    The iTrip can degrade the sound quailty though. It also will drain you battery more quick as it relys on the iPod for power.
    Budnick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Thanks everyone
    I unhooked my cassette deck and plugged into the tape jacks.
    Works fine.
    Budnick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting, TV, Satellite Receiver and DVD recorder [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help :) I've been trying to connect DVD recorder and it's driving me crazy :( I can play DVD's with sound and picture but when record there is only picture no sound. Also when watching TV through DVD recorder there is no sound. When the Receiver is connected to...

Connecting a turntable to a receiver without a phono plug [ 4 Answers ]

I just picked up a receiver (Sherwood DR6500) to replace my dead 70's receiver and this does not have a phono plug. It does have several video inputs and a web search came up with the solution of using an in-line preamp which the poster said could be obtained at circuit city for $20. I don't live...

Connecting Satellite Receiver with DVD/Video recorder [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone have simple directions to connet a Dish Network DVR Receiver to a Sony DVD/Video player? I also have a Sony Wide Screen Projection TV.

DVD recorder/Player, Satellite receiver [ 17 Answers ]

I am new to this site and I find many good answers; however, I have not as yet found the answer to solve my dilemma. I have an LG DVD recorder/player LRH-539 model: It has RCA in and out connections, and only out component connections: one s-video (I can't tell whether it is the output or input)...

View more questions Search