Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    norepairguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2009, 04:49 AM
    Hi all ,just figured out why carrier furnace won't fire due to code 13 error. I removed front of ignition box cover with the round site glass near top furnace casing. On the right hand side of the box there is a small disc about the size of a penny with two red wires on outside of box , cleaned with finger by rubbing dust off it.Code went away quickley and furnace fired up (nice blue flame) Problem was dust on sensor. Just installed drywall in other side of basement and fine powder got through filter.So I also checked outside for bugs bees birds nests inside exhaust tube and found nothing however there was a sizable bees nest in my water heater exhaust pipe(probably avoided a situation in the near future with hot water tank).If you can do the little things yourself you may avoid a pricy bill from your repair guy.It was not hard and you feel good for your effort.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower not working with Heat- OK with AC [ 2 Answers ]

I have a recent HVAC system and not too long ago I had to remove the blower and lube the bushings because it had frozen. This was with the AC Now, that's its cold and we turned the heat on the blower either comes on for a bit and then quits or doesn't come on at all. I can turn the AC on and the...

No heat but blower still on [ 3 Answers ]

All of a sudden I have no heat. I have a programmable Simple Comfort 3001 thermostat and haven't had any issue with it for 1.5 years. Forced Hot Air Heat / Gas - what could be wrong ? My furnace has no pilot light - its only 2 yrs old. Help !

Blower on, no heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tempstar NTC6 125KJGI. I turned it off at the kill switch attached to furnace the other day to clean the filter. After cleaning the filter it now blows cold air. However, I think I see the gas igniting when it kicks on. Blew hot air before. 2 months ago an inspector said it was in...

No heat, continuous blower [ 6 Answers ]

I've got a Day and Night furnace that has an electric ignition pilot. Normally, when the heat is turned on, you can hear the *click *click *click of the electric pilot ignition and then the blower comes on afterward. My current problem is that the pilot light now never lights (there's not even...

No heat, blower runs constantly, carrier gas furnace [ 7 Answers ]

This am we I got up the blower on my carrier series 100 gas furnace (approx 10 years old)was running and blowing out cold air. Even with the thermostat turned to off the blower runs constantly. The only way to stop the blower from running is to turn the switch on the side of the furnace to off or...

View more questions Search