Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spazberrywine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 09:37 PM
    Hubby and child
    My husband wants to adopt my first born there is no name on the birth certifacate is there a way to put his name on it now??
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 11, 2007, 01:06 AM
    If you do, you're creating a lie for your child.

Honestly, I don't really think it's legal to just "put" someone's name on a birth certificate.

See a family lawyer about starting the adoption process.
    Angel_Wings Posts: 105, Reputation: 13

Oct 11, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Is your husband the biological father of the child?
    If so there may be a way to prove paternity and add his name?
    If not he needs to adopt the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does hubby fantasize about my mate [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm maddie. I've been married for 18 years. And have two teenage sons. I'm 37 years old. I'm convinced my husband fancies my cousin. She is all so my best mate. I've confronted him. But he denies it. He is a completely different person around her. She lives right opposite me and I always catch...

How to get hubby to trust me again [ 4 Answers ]

I started a new job as a personal carer as I want to be a nurse. My husband wasn't comfortable with this as I have been a stay at home mum for the last 10 years.my first client happens to be a young male(34) my age who is in a wheel chair with brain damage from a car accident but still very aware...

How Can My Hubby Adopt My Daughter? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, If anyone can answer this I would appreciate it a lot. How can my husband adopt my daughter? Her biological father is not on the birth certificate, would this make it easier? The only father she knows is my husband. Please advise, Thanks! Sincerely, Andrea Lewis

Trusting hubby with his ex-wife [ 15 Answers ]

My husband has a son that lives with his girlfriend on the east coast. That son is graduating next month from college. My husband and his ex and their other teenage son are all going out there for the graduation. We can't afford another ticket for me to go. Besides the son hates me, blames me...

Hubby broke the dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a beaumark upper/lower dryer/washer machine. Hubby washed a stack of towels and put them to dry... when he went to get them out, they were still wet and the dryer won't turn on... The washer is still working fine, and I can turn the drum by hand... any clues as to what he did?? Or more...

View more questions Search