Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chanty12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 07:49 PM
    My Landlord
    I just have a question about my landlord. I asked my landlord to come and fix a foul smell in my house and he said it came from a leaky pipe. He fixed the pipe but I also asked him to remove the carpet in there cause it stunk like mold and he said no just let it dry and it will be OK. Well it has been over 3 weeks now and it still stinks and he won't come and fix it. I have been sick 3 times and my kids too.
    What should I do?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Do you live in the United States?
    chanty12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 07:53 PM
    No I live in Canada. In Ontario to be exact.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Thanks.

I don't know the laws up there concerning the rights of tenants. I do know that around where I live, if you are having a problem with a landlord as far as maintenance issues and making sure an apartment is safe and clean according to the city code, that you can call the city building inspector and complain.

There may be something similar in place where you live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About landlord [ 2 Answers ]

My landlord gave us permission to change the locks on our door now they are threatening to evicit us if we don't change it what do I do about it?

My landlord [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out what the tenant-landlord laws are. I pay 900.00 a month for a house that our A/C is constantly broken, I have a 2 year old and pregnant. My landlord makes us wait for weeks and weeks to get A/C repairs, plumbing repairs, our oven replced because it broke, our windows are not...

Does my landlord have the right? [ 1 Answers ]

I lived at my previous address for 9 months. For about 6 of those months our neighbors gave us a hard time. They would throw garbage on my porch, block my car in, and yell threats. So I decided to move out. When the landlord got to the apartment I tried to explain to him the situation and he...

My Landlord and I [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My Name Is Elizabeth I Live In Brooklyn N.y. Im Trying To Get Some Answerd I Move To A Apartment On February 11, 2007 The Rent Was $1,400 Every Month My Rent Is Due On The 11th Of Each Mont This What Happen I Spocked With My Land Lord On March 2007 That My Husben Was Sick The Doctors...

Am I a Landlord? [ 7 Answers ]

I invited my 25 year old daughter and her small children to come to my house and live after they were homeless in Florida in the fall of 2004. They arrived in March of 2005. Since moving in she and her small children have ruined my carpet, walls and one toilet. They are slobs and she hasn't...

View more questions Search