Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tennessemom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Marriage and Religious Differences
    Ok I should start from the beginning. My husband and me have been married for almost 8 years now. When we got married we both produced the same beliefs. Then about 5 yrs ago he went to work for a man of different beliefs. My husband got sucked in with some of the things that where said. He is now a praticing Pagan while I remain firm in my Baptist beliefs. Needless to say this has cause some conflict in our marriage. What I am wondering is what the bible says about this situation and what I should do.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2007, 04:37 PM
    The Bible says as long as he is content with you stay with him.
    1 Corinthians
    7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
    7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
    7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 7, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    But what if SHE isn't content with him? We aren't living in the dark ages any longer and BOTH people deserve to be content.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 05:12 PM
    His interest in Paganism(whatever that means in his case)will probably decrease over time if you don't make a big deal about it.

I wonder what drew him to "paganism"? Was it a sex thing? You can always be the hottest Baptist wife in America... :):):) Grow your sexuality and pleasure. :)

Best Wishes
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Not the middle ages, so you can't burn him at the stake, Not catholic so you can't spinkle holy water on him,

Keep your church praying for him, and be an example for him
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 7, 2007, 06:13 PM
    N0help4u agrees: I take it she is basicallty content with him but doesn't know how she should deal with their religious disagreements
    Oh, yeah, I agree, I was just responding to your post that said...

If she is content then she stays, if she is not content then why should she stay?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Yes I guess we need to know what he is doing, he is cheating, is he beating you or something wrong
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Oct 7, 2007, 10:01 PM
    I think the best thing you can do is to pray for him and to be the best wife that you can, I know it won't be easy, but I think that this is the time that you need to trust that God will undertake for you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inter-religious marriage [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am basically a Hindu. I have converted into a Christian for my marriage. Yes, my wife is catholic. We have married before 3 years. We have a kid. He is one and a half years old. My question is : Is there any problem creep later by our inter-religion marriage? But we married under...

Religious Origins [ 1 Answers ]

What is the origin of Daoism and Confucianism?

Religious mystery [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone help me to understand what is really religious mysteries?

Bi religious marriages. [ 8 Answers ]

I am a Christian guy from the UK working in Pakistan. I have met a Muslim girl and we have fallen in love and would like to get married. Is this possible in Pakistan?

Religious Mystery [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a movie with the following actors: Robert Di Niro, Robert Divall, Charles Durney. It was a Catholic theme movie that had mystery and complications. I think the movie was made around 1980. I can't seem to remember the title though.? Please reply asap if you have any info that...

View more questions Search