Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    judyh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Credit Card Debt
    I recently retired from the military. It took six months to find a job and unfortunately I relied on my credit cards. I found a job and currently make $99K (combo military retirement and civilain job); however, so indebt I stopped paying on three credit cards. Bank of America has been willing too work with me and offered a settlement of 20 cents to the dollar. Chase, on the other hand, has been totally nasty and now stating they will sue. Every cent I make goes to bills. I told Chase I could pay them $150 per month; however. It's not good enough. I live in California - what can I do?
    2FUN4ME Posts: 12, Reputation: 9

Oct 6, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by judyh
    I recently retired from the military. It took six months to find a job and unfortunately I relied on my credit cards. I found a job and currently make $99K (combo military retirement and civilain job); however, so indebt I stopped paying on three credit cards. Bank of America has been willing too work with me and offered a settlement of 20 cents to the dollar. Chase, on the other hand, has been totally nasty and now stating they will sue. Every cent I make goes to bills. I told Chase I could pay them $150 per month; however. it's not good enough. I live in California - what can I do?
    Look in the phone book for free credit counsiling. They will contact all creditors and stop interest from accruing on the cards as well as work out payment plans with them. You generally write them one check and they disperse it to the creditors. It can make your finances your own again and give you some of your own money to spend again. If there is a fee charged. Look to the next agency. There are free ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

FICO Credit Score: Maintain a 50% debt to credit-limit ratio on _each_ card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been advised that I should transfer part of a balance of one credit card to another card in order to maintain 50% debt to credit limit ratio on _each_ card even though my _total_ debt to credit limit ratio is already below 50%. (Most of the debt is on one card for convenience.) I could...

Credit card debt [ 2 Answers ]

What can the banks do if you just quit paying your credit card payments?

Debt on credit card [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if I have a judgement put on me personally ,can thet take cars that are in a s-corporation

Credit card debt [ 7 Answers ]

I had a sheriff show up with papers for me to go to court for a credit card company, owe them money from 7 or 8 years ago of course the finance charges have been building since then. What happens to me if I don't go to court that day? Will I have a warrant out for my arrest?

View more questions Search