Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tere431 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 1, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Biggest SCAM of them all Lucida-DS
    This is to warn these buyers of Glutathione from overseas, this includes my sister who have been scammed by this United Shelter Company from the Philippines. My sister has been ordering from the so called United Shelter of this so called Lucida-DS, promising her of skin whitening within 6-8 weeks, she's been taking Lucida-ds for more than 3 months religiously, 4 capsules a day to NO AVAIL.
    I was to use it too but she volunteered to do it first and see if it's working, so I decided to have my husband test an unopened bottle of Lucida-DS, FYI my husband works as a Lab technician and I have him test this so called Lucida-DS whom they claimed passed the assay testing (in the Philippines), well what do you know??
    Results came out, and it has barely 200mg of glutathione in the capsule, the rest are all Vitamin c, ALA and another untraceable ingredient, maybe a preservative or who knows..
    We forwarded the results to the FDA because they claim that Lucida-DS is being manufactured in the USA. so whoever is the so called Manufacturer will be in for a real treat!
    Hopefully these scammers will be banned from selling their fake and adultereated Glutathione here in the US.
    They can keep their business there in the Philippines where they belong.. a bunch of scammers!
    They had the nerve to use Made in the USA on their products, now I believe that they only use Made in the USA to entice US customers, because knowing us, we will never take anything that says, made in the Philippines esp. if it's a dietary supplement. No offense to Philipinos, you have great products but there are so many individuals/Company in your country who are scammers same as China, you are well known for copying and faking anything under the sun!
    I emailed them a million times and never receive a reply, well maybe this may get their attention once they hear from the FDA themselves.
    I can't wait to hear from them and hopefully get our money back which is about more than $600!
    It and I
    THIS IS TO WARN You, I WILL BET THAT WITHIN 24 HOURS YOU WILL BE SEEING A COMMENT FROM THE OWNERS OF LUCIDA-DS OR PROBABLY MANUFACTURER OF LUCIDA-DS SAYING THAT WHAT I'M SAYING IS A BIG FLUKE LIKE WHAT HEY DID IN HTHE PAST TO ANOTHER CLIENT, DO NOT FALL FOR THAT AGAIN!
    UNITED SHELTER IS THE BIGGEST SCAMMER OF THEM ALL
    jessica1 Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Thanksfor the warning
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Obviously it's a scam, people post here all the time about various skin lightening products and no one seems to ever post about one actually working. It's all a scam from what I see.
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Oct 1, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Wow. How kind of you to warn all the potential victims. Thanks so much for making sure no one makes the same mistake. I hope they get the punishment they deserve.
    Tere431 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 1, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegal
    wow. how kind of you to warn all the potential victims. thanks so much for making sure no one makes the same mistake. I hope they get the punishment they deserve.
    I hope my sister is the last one after this.. they use Forums like this one as the main portal for victims, so beware.
    Carmen Posts: 62, Reputation: 1
    -

Feb 12, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Are you for real?? This is scary , isn't Lucida-Ds is in the Philipiens? This is why I don't order anything outside the US, no protection at all. I don't think FDA will even listen to this, as the company is located outside the country. Just warn all your friends and family form buying Lucida-ds. Goodluck!
    pnaybeauty Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 02:54 AM
    I am so glad this came out. Most Glutathione brands from the Philippines aren't what they really are.
    nadine01 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 03:14 AM
    Sad to say that its really happening, now that glutathione is really popular in the PI.:(
    pnaybeauty Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 03:17 AM
    Best to buy the one's sold and manufactured in the US. I think read about GLUTA-C somewhere on here. Its also sold on Ebay too together with the Glutathione brands from Asia!! If they only knew...

Mar 24, 2008, 12:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pnaybeauty
    Best to buy the one's sold and manufactured in the US. I think read about GLUTA-C somewhere on here. Its also sold on Ebay too together with the Glutathione brands from Asia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they only knew.....
    Not all Glutathione brands from the PHilippines are practising this kind of scam. That's why its very important to trust which seller are you going to buy.
    ACTIVE WHITE - 0/10
    - cheap and not effective; poor gluta quality.
    - so many fake in the market today
    - don't waste your money using this brand
    - I have a friend using this for 2 years now with no effect!

DR. JAMES/ DR. MAYER - 0/10
    - cheap and not effective
    - poor gluta grade
    - so many fakes in the market today
    - claiming to be 1000mg content.
    - so many extenders.
    - might cause some diseases
    BEWARE OF FAKE GLUTATHIONE & OTHER VITS. SUPPLEMENT (PLS READ!) – Manila

ISHIGAKI - 8/10
    - cheap but effective
    - one of most effective brands
    - so many fakes in the market with different packaging; be sure to do the "smell and taste test".
    SugarBlush Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

Mar 24, 2008, 02:47 AM
    Thanks for the warning, Tere!
    Do you now anything about Glow2thione & BeauOxi White?
    Superwhiteningpills.net
    Whiteningcapsules.com

Both shows Assay test result on their website.

Mar 24, 2008, 03:44 AM
    Sugarblush, you can try it first and see if it does works...
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Mar 24, 2008, 02:53 PM
    I wonder if anyone has tried buying pure L-glutathione powder (from a legitimate company) and mix some with water and vit C powder... :) It'll be highly concentrated; so most likely to work quicker...
    It could be a better option since it's impossible to know if the companies selling the pills are genuine or scammers... and you don't know what they're mixing with it... :rolleyes:

Just an idea...
    Jonnie_03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 04:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tere431
    This is to warn these buyers of Glutathione from overseas, this includes my sister who have been scammed by this United Shelter Company from the Philipines. My sister has been ordering from the so called United Shelter of this so called Lucida-DS, promising her of skin whitening within 6-8 weeks, she's been taking Lucida-ds for more than 3 months religiously, 4 capsules a day to NO AVAIL.
    I was to use it too but she volunteered to do it first and see if it's working, so I decided to have my husband test an unopened bottle of Lucida-DS, FYI my husband works as a Lab technician and I have him test this so called Lucida-DS whom they claimed passed the assay testing (in the Philippines), well what do you know?????
    Results came out, and it has barely 200mg of glutathione in the capsule, the rest are all Vitamin c, ALA and another untraceable ingredient, maybe a preservative or who knows..
    We forwarded the results to the FDA because they claim that Lucida-DS is being manufactured in the USA., so whoever is the so called Manufacturer will be in for a real treat!
    Hopefully these scammers will be banned from selling their fake and adultereated Glutathione here in the US.
    They can keep their business there in the Philipines where they belong..a bunch of scammers!
    They had the nerve to use Made in the USA on their products, now I believe that they only use Made in the USA to entice US customers, because knowing us, we will never take anything that says, made in the Philippines esp. if it's a dietary supplement. no offense to Philipinos, you have great products but there are so many individuals/Company in your country who are scammers same as China, you are well known for copying and faking anything under the sun!
    I emailed them a million times and never receive a reply, well maybe this may get their attention once they hear from the FDA themselves.
    I can't wait to hear from them and hopefully get our money back which is about more than $600!
    It and i
    THIS IS TO WARN YA'LL, I WILL BET THAT WITHIN 24 HOURS YOU WILL BE SEEING A COMMENT FROM THE OWNERS OF LUCIDA-DS OR PROBABLY MANUFACTURER OF LUCIDA-DS SAYING THAT WHAT I'M SAYING IS A BIG FLUKE LIKE WHAT HEY DID IN HTHE PAST TO ANOTHER CLIENT, DO NOT FALL FOR THAT AGAIN!
    UNITED SHELTER IS THE BIGGEST SCAMMER OF THEM ALL
    If you don't want to be scammed, you should be very careful on buying products online.. you should only buy products (in the philippines) in accredited drugstore like mercury drugstore and watsons.
    They make sure that all drugs that they sell passes the standard of bfad (bureau of food and drugs)
    Simply Jane Posts: 44, Reputation: 4
    -

Apr 18, 2008, 07:19 AM
    Why make a fake one? This is a dietary supplement, i don't understand, is there like an fda in the philippines that regulates this behavior? They should punish these people for doing so.
    I haven't heard of this scam regarding sellers of dietary supplement here in the us, because manufacturers here are very strict and needs to follow strict good manufacturing practice otherwise their business can be possibly shutdown.
    I heard that these scammers in the philippines can mix, encapsulate, bottled and label any suplements right in their own kitchen wihout going through due process,. scary just thinking of it! God knows what they put in those capsules... :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by nadine01
    not all Glutathione brands from the PHilippines are practising this kind of scam. that's why its very important to trust which seller are you going to buy.
    ACTIVE WHITE - 0/10
    - cheap and not effective; poor gluta quality.
    - so many fake in the market today
    - i have a friend using this for 2 years now with no effect!

DR. JAMES/ DR. MAYER - 0/10
    - cheap and not effective
    - poor gluta grade
    - so many fakes in the market today
    - claiming to be 1000mg content.
    - so many extenders.
    - might cause some diseases
    BEWARE OF FAKE GLUTATHIONE & OTHER VITS. SUPPLEMENT ( READ!) – Manila

ISHIGAKI - 8/10
    - cheap but effective
    - one of most effective brands
    - so many fakes in the market with different packaging; be sure to do the "smell and taste test".
    Want2BFair Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Are glutathione pills effective? I don't think I would ever take pills... that is just too scary.
    Simply Jane Posts: 44, Reputation: 4
    -

Apr 20, 2008, 08:50 PM
    So if its too scary for you to take pills for skin lightening then I t wouldn't matter if they are effective.. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Want2BFair
    Are glutathione pills effective? I dont think i would ever take pills...that is just too scary.
    peculiarprinces Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 09:10 PM
    I think you bought a fake Lucida-ds. Right now there are lots who sell fake Lucida-ds they use the bottle and change the capsules inside. My Lola is from Canada I don't let her buy online instead I buy in watsons and send it there. Why is that you bought from the company then the results went out like that? Ive been using Lucida and nothing bad happened to me. Lucida is a great product.
    Cebuana_1978 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 10:04 AM
    I agree with that.. in the Philippines some brands claim 1000mg of gluta or 1500mg. I have been searching about glutathione here in US but the biggest mg they have is only up to 500mg. So if you really want to use glutathione buy directly in US. I am marketing glutathione in Taiwan and the product is from here and they said they can see the result in 2 weeks.
    Hotbabe123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2011, 05:45 AM
    Thanks for this post.. because I am planing to buy this thing.. thanks a lot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Biggest Diamonds? [ 6 Answers ]

What's the biggest recored diamon din the world? And how much is it worth? Curiousity!!

Has anyone used Lucida-DS whitening pills? [ 40 Answers ]

Hi, if someone has been trying Lucida-DS pills then please tell me about the results... Coz I was thinking to buy it... but I'm not sure if it works... :rolleyes: Remmember to reply:) Thanx alot.

Biggest dimond [ 3 Answers ]

What is the biggest diamond It is a planet

The biggest Mistake I have ever made [ 17 Answers ]

I found a girl on a dating site, she is from different country. We started talking and she asked me my photo. I was not serious about the friendship, so I gave fake photo to her. Days passed and we came very close to each other. I started thinking of her. Because she is the one with all qualities...

View more questions Search