Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2007, 07:32 PM
    How to confront my mother who drinks
    My mom drinks.
    Not to the point where she's an alchy. But I feel like she's showing signs...
    We have a bar in my house which my mother loves... some mornings she starts drinking at 10 am... some days its just a few beers. Other nights its more...
    When she drinks she's a whole different person and everyone sees it. She remembers nothing and you can't tell her anything you expect her to remember or take serouisly. I tell her how she acts and she copmpletly brushes me off. Thinks I'm lying. When she gets drunk she's happy at first... then out of no where she gets mad... Yells and gets into everyone's business... I don't know who to talk to... I don't know what to do.. But I don't want to be around my mom when she is drunk I move out in dec and I can't be happier... but I want to tell her before I leave because I have 2 little brothers and sister still here... what do I do?
    afroman Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 03:04 PM
    I suggest that getting family members involved is very help, to help your mother. As more people cross your mothers path (family members) they can be a stronger influence towards making your mother drink more responsible, or stop all together. Also, I suggest you get professional help, so that if the problems grow, they can be helped on a more professional level. Don't be afraid to find help for your siblings and your mother; your doing the right thing by reaching out to people. So try that and let me know how it goes. My email is
    EMAIL REMOVED... Good luck
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 1, 2007, 03:15 PM
    If someone starts drinking at 10 a.m. that person is an alcoholic.

Go to Al-Anon or Alateen meetings. There are some near where you live. You will learn how to talk with your mom and will learn coping strategies. Best of all, you will find out from experienced people what to do about your younger sibs.
    Freda1962 Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 09:29 PM
    It does not matter if you start drinking at 10 a.m or 10 p.m... an alcoholic is an alcoholic!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I confront him? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, This is the first time I write here. I am really confused and angry and do not know what to do so I need your help and advice. I am married to a guy for just over a year now, we had a long distant relation for 8 months before. We are from different countries. I love my husband and I am...

How do I confront her about lying? [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-girlfriend and I are slowly getting back together. We stay at each other's house, share computer, house keys, etc. We had comeback to her place from a weekend together and I checked my email. There were browser screens already open (she forgot to close her websites and shutdown) about a visit...

Partner drinks too much [ 1 Answers ]

My partner works sleeps and drinks. then verbally abuses me when he gets in. He says its all my fault Any similar sits. and what did you do I have two kids teenage. this has been going on for years and I put up with it.

Do I confront or go on without ever knowing? [ 7 Answers ]

My father died unexpectedly.My mother died after long battle w/ Alzheimer's less than 2 years ago. Dad and I shared her caregiving. After her death I proceeded to follow through with lifelong plans to relocate across the country with my husband and kids, leaving my Dad and adult siblings behind. I...

Energy drinks [ 7 Answers ]

Energy drinks. Hi I went to trader joes the other day and was looking for Propel the energy drink, or at least that's what I call it. The clerk said I was better off drinking red bull for a good energy replacement. He said that the Propel has synthetic chemicals in it that aren't good for me. Any...

View more questions Search