Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    burtc01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 07:28 PM
    My Beagle is sick.again and again
    My beagle got sick about 8 weeks ago. He is only 9 months old. He was lethargic, would not eat, would barely move, and when he did, he whimpered or cried out each time. He wouldn't climb stairs. Basically, for 10 days he dod nothing but lay around and whimper. We took him to the vet on the 3rd and 4th day and she examined him and said there is nothing wrong with him. Gave him an antibiotic to be safe. In 10 days he was fine, back to normal. Two weeks later, the same thing again. This time it last 4 or 5 days, no trip to the vet, no medication. Now, two weeks since that time, it's all back again. Has anyone had this happen to their dog? We are beyond worried about this, we are afraid he is dying or has some disease that the vet is missing. :confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Likely you are right. Try to remember all the details and go back to the vet. With the additional information, the vet may be able to figure it out and find a lasting cure.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 09:57 PM
    I would make a list of exactly what I feed him and how much and what kind. Take the bag of food in or at least the label with the indgredients. Does he get treats? Do you give him raw hides or other chewy treats? How much water he drinks make a note of it. WHen he feels good does he eat and drink fast or slow. Does he seem to have problems with his bowel movements and what do they look like. Watch him pee. See if he squirts out a little at the time or a big stream. When he is in pain does his belly appear to be large or drawn in? Does he have Gas? I would make a list of every and anything that I could think of and update it daily concerning his eating habits, drinking, what his eyes look like, his body appearance etc. does he feel warmer than usual etc...
    Here is a website that describes different diseases. Addison's Disease ~ Pawprints and Purrs, Inc. Just click on dog health. I can't say to 100 percent certainty that these descriptions are accurate, but at least it is something to look at and try to help figure out what his problems is. Just make sure that you follow up with a real vet. If you are not happy with this vet try another one. I really feel sorry for both you and your dog and I hope that you get some answers for him. Good Luck
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Oct 1, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Great advice bushg. It never can hurt to take him to a different vet for a second opinion. Sounds to me like there is definitely something going on with your pup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

8 week old beagle first sick now dirreha [ 3 Answers ]

I'm desperately worried about my new 8 week old beagle .theb first night we had him he was alert playful ate drank and slept well .the following morning however began with breakfast then one hour later he began to vomit and didn't stop.I never offered any more food only water ,but as the day...

I have this 15 year old beagle [ 4 Answers ]

HE has been the best dog forever, but lately he has been having "accidents" on the carpet even when we are home. I think that he waits until we get home and let him out to relieve himself, to have his "accidents" on the carpet inside He has cancer all over his body (tumors) and had an operation...

Sick Beagle puppy [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, We bought a beagle last week approx. 5 months old. He went to the vet, had a clean bill of health. However, since he came from a store they gave us albon as a precautionary measure. About 2 days after, he started getting lethargic, then the next day started to dry heave. The...

About my beagle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old beagle that is scraching so bad that she is making her self bleed and scabe up bu tthere is no hair lose what can I do for dry skin if that's the case is you coud help me I would aprishat it thank you karen

Need help beagle [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is 4 years old He has gotten very sick and I cannot afford to take him to a vet. He has become very tired won't eat and is drinking some water but not much .He is an outside dog he has had all his shots. I went and purchased some penecillin to see if that would help but his condition is not...

View more questions Search