Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idonotknow Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Cats off furniture
    We recently got a leather sofa and chair. How can we keep our two cats off the furniture?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Wow, this may be a tough one esp. if you have allowed them to get on the old one. There is a spray that is sold at the pets store that cats dislike the odor You coud try spraying that around the floor Around the furniture. I would not spray it directly on the leather.

While you are in the room you could try spraying them with a can of air or a spritz of water went they try to get on it.

Also if you can close the room off while not at home would be super.

Get your cats some window beds these attach to the window sill and most cats love to lie in the. Good Luck
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Cover the furniture with something your cat does not like: double sided tape, some plastic or aluminium foil. Some cats dislike the feeling and sound of foil, and most cats hate things that stick to their fur. Double-sided sticky tape used in carpet installation works well, but be sure the tape won't harm your cat or furniture.

13 Ways to save your furniture from Cat Scratching

Hope this helps, you and your critters to get along
    daisymactx Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Sep 28, 2007, 02:31 PM
    If you put a tall sisal rope cat tree, with a couple shelves on it, nearby they will probably enjoy getting on that more than the furniture, and it keeps them from scratching the furniture. Also, the use of aluminum foil is a great idea. Anything that is crunchy sounding will startle them when they jump on it, and they will get the idea, eventually!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2007, 02:33 PM
    My four cats love leather, so please don't invite us over for dinner. You may have bought yourself a real challenge!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garden furniture [ 2 Answers ]

I want to repaint some wooden garden furniture - can I use ordinary emulsion paint? :confused:

Best Furniture Companies [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get the best 5 furniture companies in US and UK?

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

Furniture companies [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help in listing TOP 25 furniture companies in USA ?

Falling furniture [ 1 Answers ]

I was driving behind a truck carrying furniture and a chair fell off, (truck never stopped.) I swevered to miss it, but it caught the driver side of my car. While swerving I ran off the road and hit and embankment and electrical pole, damaging my passenger side of the car. Am I at fault and...

View more questions Search