Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:09 PM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    I am currently working with a youth on another thread whom I think would be a likely and excellent candidate for this thread. You might want to have a look. I do know that she is interested in some art stuff as well as writing, but not poetry. She is highly intelligent and also seems to be very responsible. Plays several instruments. We are discussing acting. That is something that is right up my alley. Music and acting can go hand-in-hand!
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Having painted backdrops for musicals, I think you could add painting to the music and acting that go hand in hand. ;)
    Truly, they all do work together and go hand-in-hand! It is a wonderful thing in which to be involved - musical theater! :)
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Nov 11, 2007, 11:18 PM
    Noooo jrebel please be okay :(
    Its been very hot over here (its summer now)
    But its okay
    This youth person plays instruments? Excellent!
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    noooo jrebel please be okay :(
    its been very hot over here (its summer now)
    but its okay
    this youth person plays instruments? excellent!

Not too worry! I am a toughie! I have been through worse than this. This is just an inconvenience but thank you for your concern Sean! It means a lot! :)
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:30 PM
    noooo jrebel please be okay :(
    its been very hot over here (its summer now)
    but its okay
    this youth person plays instruments? excellent!
    She's about your age, Sean. Are you okay? :confused:
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Oh, dear! Please be okay! :)
    I'll be okay! Thanks for being concerned! Just thought I would check back in before crashing out.

Good night and sweet dreams to all! J
    :)
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Nov 11, 2007, 11:36 PM
    Just got back from doctors, he prescribed me on a small dose of anti depressants
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:38 PM
    just got back from doctors, he prescribed me on a small dose of anti depressants
    That's good! Please remember that you don't have to be on those things forever. I was for at least a few years. Then things got straightened around in the chemicals, or whatever in my brain. Have been free of taking anything for a number of years. But now, am feeling that I do need to be on something like or similar to what I was taking before.
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Hi, Jan! :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 10:09 PM
    Hi Craig!
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 10:11 PM
    So, how is your health right now?
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 10:13 PM
    So, how is your health right now?
    Thanks for asking. My rib is out again so having problems but it will be okay. I go Wednesday and after a few times of getting it put back in place, it will hold. Just makes it hard breathing or moving for now. It will pass!
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 10:13 PM
    Craig, did you get my answer to your e-mail?
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Thanks for asking. My rib is out again so having problems but it will be okay. I go Wednesday and after a few times of getting it put back in place, it will hold. Just makes it hard breathing or moving for now. It will pass!
    Thank you for sharing! Yes, I did get your answer to my email.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 10:20 PM
    I am starting a new commission piece. I needed to know what the old type of asbestos siding looked like up close. I stopped at a house to ask permission to photograph a section of the out side wall. The lady opened her door about there inches to let me explain. She gave permission. Ok, started to take the pic with my digital camera and no power. So I explained that and asked if I could come back tomorrow. She said yes so hopefully all will work out to do so. I am needing to know what sea shells are local to Long Island. Do you know?
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 10:24 PM
    I am starting a new commission piece. I needed to know what the old type of asbestos siding looked like up close. I stopped at a house to ask permission to photograph a section of the out side wall. The lady opened her door about there inches to let me explain. She gave permission. Ok, started to take the pic with my digital camera and no power. So I explained that and asked if I could come back tomorrow. She said yes so hopefully all will work out to do so. I am needing to know what sea shells are local to Long Island. Do you know?
    I don't know. But, I bet Wondergirl would because she is a librarian. I will let her know about your question. Is this commissioned piece about a house that you will have to just imagine or is it concerning an existing home?
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 10:31 PM
    I don't know. But, I bet Wondergirl would because she is a librarian. I will let her know about your question. Is this commissioned piece about a house that you will have to just imagine or is it concerning an existing home?
    It is an existing bungalow. A gentleman had a Florida Beach House I did which I called, "Florida-Get-Away", you may have seen it on my web site. He was raised in a bungalow in New York and has a family home (ancestral) in Ireland. His lady in his life commissioned me to do the Florida home a year ago and now wants me to do the bungalow but does not have photo of how it was as her friend would want it done, with the original siding, original railing, wants me to take out all all structures around it in the photo for the drawing and wants no plants that are in the photo because all they had when he lived there were seashells in the front. It will come together. Just need to get my research done first. The Florida house took I think 47 hours to draw. The front of the drive was concrete the other part was crushed seashells. Everything in the home is white, everything! I can't remember how how many window panes I did but I think it was 152. I would have to look it up. This piece won't take as long.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 10:36 PM
    I'm sure I can research on line and find local shells. As I told the lady, it won't be the focal point of the piece but just want to get it right. Part of that perfectionism some of us artists have you were talking about the other day! LOL But with me, it is basically just with my art.
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 10:40 PM
    It is an existing bungalow. A gentleman had a Florida Beach House I did which I called, "Florida-Get-Away", you may have seen it on my web site. He was raised in a bungalow in New York and has a family home (ancestral) in Ireland. His lady in his life commissioned me to do the Florida home a year ago and now wants me to do the bungalow but does not have photo of how it was as her friend would want it done, with the original siding, original railing, wants me to take out all all structures around it in the photo for the drawing and wants no plants that are in the photo because all they had when he lived there were seashells in the front. It will come together. Just need to get my research done first. The Florida house took I think 47 hours to draw. The front of the drive was concrete the other part was crushed seashells. Everything in the home is white, everything! I can't remember how how many window panes I did but I think it was 152. I would have to look it up. This piece won't take as long.
    Thanks for the explanation! So, this will or won't involve any color for the drawing?
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 10:47 PM
    Thanks for the explanation! So, this will or won't involve any color for the drawing?
    Strictly Eberhard Faber DESIGN Ebony Pencil on 100# Vellum paper, her request. When I do the prints, I do some in black and white and some in Sepia.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2007, 10:53 PM
    I am needing to know what sea shells are local to Long Island.
    From loving-long-island.com --

"Keep your eyes peeled for pretty shells. You'll see the usual assortment of clam, crab and scallop shells and during certain times of the year you will see shark, skate and snail egg cases. Sometimes, if you're lucky you'll even find small, quarter sized sand dollars."

If that's not specific enough, please call/visit your local public library reference department. They will find the information for you and maybe even call a library in that area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search