Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Oct 24, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Well what kind of poems do you want to hear? I have written poems on so many different topics.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Do you paint or do any other creative work DiMO?
    Please do show us some if you wish, and when you have the time...

BiWi,
    Anything you would like to share... I love nature poems a lot.

Oct 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Strangly enough those are the only kind I don't write... I've never been to good at nature poems but then again I haven't tried to write on in a while I'll bet if I tried now I could. I write I like I think about the good and bad sides of life. The poems I write most are ones about abuse and love. Here's the first love poem I ever wrote (I wrote this when I was 12! )

Empty Words

He says he loves me
    He says he cares
    My stomachs doing summersaults

But deep inside I wonder…
    Are these just empty words?

He says he'll be with me for all time
    And that he'll always just be mine
    My eyes are sparkling with the joy

But deep inside I wonder…
    Are these just empty words?

Am I just a toy I wonder…
    Something to pass the time
    I can't help but dread
    When he talks about his ex girlfriend

Even though
    My heart says no
    I can't help but wonder…
    Is he trying to get her back?
    Was he ever really mine?
    Or was that twinkle in his eyes
    Just her in the back of his mind
    Is he thinking of me or her
    Now tears start to fill my eyes
    And my vision becomes a blur

Now as the tears start to flow down my face
    Deep inside I wonder…
    Were they ALWAYS
    Just empty words

Oct 24, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Whoops I posted twice O.o... how did that happen?
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Very deep! And at 12?
    Was this about a real relationship?

You can edit and delete one post.

Oct 24, 2007, 01:12 PM
    No it wasn't... it was just something that popped into my head. This was the first poem I ever wrote. Most of my poems are like that... just ideas that come into my head. Everyone always thinks they are about me cause and I qoute from someone who critiqued me "there's so much emotion in them".
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Thanks for sharing your first ever poem.:)
    I read you were publishing some of your work, is it all poems?

Oct 24, 2007, 01:18 PM
    You I'm writing two novels ("The Wars of Elf Wood" and "Arra") but I'm also writing a poetry book with all my poems over the years and I'm almost done... it's 66 pages long right now. I'm trying to hunt down some old poems and write new ones and I'm having teachers critique my poems so I know what I need to change if I need to. The last thing I'll need to do when I'm done putting it together is paint the cover. A friend of mine is going to help me get it published after that.
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 01:30 PM
    WoW!Impressive.

Oct 24, 2007, 01:34 PM
    :o really?
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Oct 24, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Do you paint or do any other creative work DiMO?
    Please do show us some if you wish, and when you have the time...

BiWi,
    Anything you would like to share....I love nature poems a lot.
    I used to write poems all the time when I was younger (age 10-15). I have never been really great at art (except for maybe the imagination in my head). Nowadays, my creative works consist of finger painting with my children, or coloring in a Spongebob coloring book with my children.

My oldest daughter brings home her art work from school and she is very bright I must say. We usually end up framing her work because it is so nice and neat. If I had the means to put up on this site, I would. Unfortunately, I only have access to AMHD at work.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 24, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Welcome to the new people in the thread!
    Biwicc, your flower painting and your poem are awesome!
    Hehe, I wish I was a good painter, but I'm crap at it, and I've only really ever done one painting that I actually like.
    Anyway, be good to see more of your art/poems!
    Also, what kind of novels are they? By the titles I'm guessing fantasy
    I used to like writing stories and stuff but I gave that up because I like writing poems more
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BiWiccanAndProud
    Hey everyone... :)
    Hi, BiWi!

I'm so glad that you accepted the invitation and decided to join us here! It's a great place to be! No baiting, fighting and arguing going on here, just a mutual respect and support for each other and what we do in the visual, literary and performing arts.
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 03:24 PM
    [QUOTE=Depressed in MO]
    Quote Originally Posted by chek101

Painting number one looks like the girl off ofthe cover of the National Geographic book that I have at my house. Very neat.
    And, a big greetings and WELCOME to this thread to you DeMO! :)
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Hey, Jan!

I really liked what you wrote on the "Self Esteem" thread! Here is a quote from some of what you wrote:

Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Everything is relative. I love looking at people's bone structure and find beauty in that. The eyes open one up to be loved. If you think about the people you think are pretty and secure, look at them with different eyes. Are they physically beautiful by the world's standards or do you think they are beautiful because they laugh and make you feel good and are kind hearted and that makes them pretty.
    I was going to post what I am now on that thread. But, here would seem to be a more appropriate place because of the artistic nature of the outlook on it.

When I look at people, I too put much credence into what I see in the bone structure of a person's face, or "mask" as we might call it in singing terminology. I already pointed that out to Carla earlier on this thread.

Reading what you wrote above also makes me think of the guys in the local barbershop singing group that I am now directing. Most of the guys are old, gray, fat, etc. By the world's standards, not really really very pleasing to the eye. But, they become beautiful even on the outside because of what you see and find on the inside...

For me, there is hardly a finer group of guys around to be with. They are incredibly funny! And, are very supportive of each other no matter what physical or psychological issues we might have. Also, when we sing together, the sound that is produced almost transcends the idea as to what beauty is... it is almost indescribable. The feeling, the emotion, the unity and feeling of oneness and belonging...

Sometimes people don't know what they are missing in life, because they haven't been there yet!

I mean that especially in terms of knowing how to appreciate and appreciating the beauty in people and things of this world and beyond.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Hey, Jan!

I really liked what you wrote on the "Self Esteem" thread! Here is a quote from some of what you wrote: I was going to post what I am now on that thread. But, here would seem to be a more appropriate place because of the artistic nature of the outlook on it.

When I look at people, I too put much credence into what I see in the bone structure of a person's face, or "mask" as we might call it in singing terminology. I already pointed that out to Carla earlier on this thread.

The feeling, the emotion, the unity and feeling of oneness and belonging...

Sometimes people don't know what they are missing in life, because they haven't been there yet!

I mean that especially in terms of knowing how to appreciate and appreciating the beauty in people and things of this world and beyond.
    Hi there!
    I appreciate what you posted. So much emphasis is placed on just "looks" in our society. When a person is able to look beyond that, one sees the true beauty of an individual. I have been in conversations with a person and they say something negative about someone's looks and I can honestly say to them, "I never noticed. I just know their smile lights up my world!" or other comments because that is what I notice. (I have not always had this way of looking at life and admit I have been guilty of enjoying just viewing a person who is very pleasing to the eye! LOL). I know some of this comes with just living life. I met some people from school one night not long ago at a restaurant. The guy we were invited there to see, I had dated in school. He was in from out of town and was in AA. He made the statement, "Don't you wish we could do high school all over again?" He was being very introspective. I had to honestly say no because I, at that time had so many insecurities although as I stated in an earlier post on "Self-Esteem" thread, no one knew that about me. He then said, "No, I mean "and know what we know now." It is an interesting thought but I don't think I could have ever known certain things about myself without just living life as it presents itself.

As with art, each individual brings with them certain attributes. It is up to them to open up and share them with others so they are visible and up to us to draw those attributes out. I think of my pencil drawings. I begin with one tiny mark on a page, getting 4 to 9 strokes per point before chosing another pencil and work anywhere from 3 to 52 hours thus far on a piece. Each mark defines and redefines that character or animal or structure. It is up to me to bring that out in that piece of art. People are art! We are in the process of becoming a finished creation.

The feeling, the emotion, the unity and feeling of oneness and belonging... as you said in this post, says a lot. We all are seeking those feelings. I in no way minimize how one feels when feeling "out of the loop" or "out of step" with the rest of the people around us. My last supervisor said, "You just march to the beat of your own drum". She smiled and meant it as a compliment and I smiled and had to agree. I have felt that way most of my life and may share in a PM why later sometime but I have turned that to an advantage in becoming very much an individualist (although being mindful to be complient when it is the correct thing to do) in my thinking and caring and loving. When one can take a negative and turn it into a positive, what a victory!
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BiWiccanAndProud
    ya I'm writting two novels ("The Wars of Elf Wood" and "Arra") but I'm also writting a poetry book with all my poems over the years and I'm almost done... it's 66 pages long right now. I'm trying to hunt down some old poems and write new ones and I'm having teachers critique my poems so I know what I need to change if I need to. The last thing I'll need to do when I'm done putting it together is paint the cover. A friend of mine is going to help me get it published after that.
    Hi there!
    So glad to see you on this thread! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have and do!! Some really great people are here and look... here you are!! :)

Keep writing, sharing, caring, and loving... and love who you are and who you are becoming!!

I am a better person for having been in contact with these artists. I look forward to many more posts from you!
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer
    J -

Yes it does sound very very time consuming, and i surely wouldn't have the patience for something like that. Beautiful though.
    In the states I call MO home, only been to OK once, and I thought it was gorgeous. And actualy found an Art class here on post for drawing/painting so I believe I'm going to start that up as soon as possible! I CANNOT WAIT
    as for my drawings now, i've been just a little discouraged and haven't even attempted anything else yet :(
    I was born in Joplin, MO. Still have lots of family there and Springfield, Kansas City, St. Louis but here I am in OK now and was basically raised here.

Please be encouraged and not discouraged! You have a lot of talent but am sure your time is busy and to create, one sometimes needs uninterrupted time and with a little one or little ones, time is precious! Classes would be great. That gives you a specific time out of your day you can concentrate on just your art! Keep the excitement going and I look forward to more posts from you! I appreciated your nice comments on my earlier post and on my jewelry!
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Hey FB,
    We keep missing each other lately on the thread! My schedule has changed a bit the last few days! Keep creating. Always glad to read your posts!
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    welcome to the new people in the thread!
    Biwicc, your flower painting and your poem are awesome!
    hehe, i wish i was a good painter, but im crap at it, and ive only really ever done one painting that i actually like.
    anyways, be good to see more of your art/poems!
    also, what kind of novels are they? by the titles im guessing fantasy
    i used to like writing stories and stuff but i gave that up because i like writing poems more
    Cal, any new art pieces? I really have liked the ones you posted. Like your use of color!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search