Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nessyrae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 03:56 AM
    Cats all of a sudden aren't getting along
    I have three cats. Since March of this year, we had rescued a cat from outside and she got along with the two cats we already had just fine. She is best friends with one of them. She never really had an issue with the other one since she pretty much stayed in our computer room out of way and when they were near each other, no issues.

Since yesterday morning the newest cat we rescued has been growling, hissing, and attacking our shy cat who 'stays out of the way'. She is doing this with a severely arched back with hair standing straight up on her back and poofed out tail. It is so scary. I worry about the cat she is after.

I am so nervous that when we leave for work today that they will 'fight'. She plays well with the other cat whom is her best friend, so their fights are playing. These are true fights. Right now I have them separated since I am worried. What can I do? Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Sep 24, 2007, 04:03 AM
    Try Feliway and catnip.Both of these items work as a calming device,and many female cats develop attitudes when they mature.Hopefully it will pass,but I feed all my cats separately because of conflicts at feeding time.The one cat that is upset is trying to show dominance and prove herself as the queenin your house.
    HSK Posts: 45, Reputation: 9

Sep 26, 2007, 09:30 AM
    There could be an illness with the shy cat, so you might want to get a check up. Some cats
    Can see the weakness in another cat, and start acting aggressive.

Is your shy cat a female also, and was the rescue over a year when you took her in?
    Often females don't get along well with each other in close environments, and if you
    Rescue was under a year, she could be trying to let you shy girl know who's boss.

You may just need to keep them apart for a week, and then see what happens when you
    Try to integrate them back together. Sometimes that works. If you end up not being able to pinpoint the problem, you may need to segregate them forever. I ended up having to do that with one of my cats. She lives upstairs now. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All of the sudden she wants time off [ 3 Answers ]

I'm new here.. I hope you all can give me some helpful advice because I'm really confused right now. So here's my story First off, I'm 26 and she is 24 I've been dating my girlfriend for 3 months. Everything has been absolutely perfect between us, sure we had a few arguments but we...

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

Everything is terriffic, then it's over all the sudden! [ 6 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have a terriffic sex life, honestly. The only problem is I never know how long it's going to last and when it ends I hate the reaction on his face and knowing how it makes him feel as a man. I love him with ALL my heart and soul! There is nothing I would change about him, unless I...

Sudden change [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I started seeing my boyfriend in November and things have been going on well until February. I was really scared about going into the relationship because we are in different states and I've never been in a long distance relationship before. He assured me we would cope and he came to see me a...

Sudden Changes in her. [ 3 Answers ]

Well we been married for almost 8 years and we have a son of 4 years old, in all this years we were very good in all the parts of our family, we shared everything and like I said no problems at all, until one day we got in a very heated fight and we ended there, she went back to her mother house...

View more questions Search