Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjaskme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Native American Indian Watercolor Art
    I've inherited several handpainted Native American Watercolors done by artists in the Southwest during the 1950's and 1960's. How do I determine whether they are orginals, screenprints or prints? How do I determine the value of these items? If I choose to sell some of them, how can I market them online?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Try a local art dealer or meuseum and ask for an appraisal to get the exact value.
    catart Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Send the names of the artists and images online and I will be happy to give you an estimate of the authenticity and value after I have reviewed them.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by catart
    Send the names of the artists and images online and I will be happy to give you an estimate of the authenticity and value after I have reviewed them.
    Please note that images can, and are preferred to be posted on the threads of the original questions so that others might also benefit from the answers that are given.
    oumilt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2013, 02:23 PM
    These 2 different prints... One has2 males dancing,Their skins have a
    Midnight blue coloring and they have Bison Horns on their head dress.
    The female dancer's face is not colored. She has feathers in her hair
    At the lower bottom of the print it says 1979 Bell Editions Coptwright
    The second has 3 male dancers with their body fully clothed and their faces a dark blue color. They all carry bows with many feathers and they seem to
    Be dancing and facing the same direction.
    They note copywright 1978 Bell Editions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Native American Jewelry [ 2 Answers ]

What is the history of Squash Blossom necklaces?

Native American silversmith [ 3 Answers ]

I have a lovely turquoise and silver watch band which is signed "Whirling Wind." Does anyone know anything about this artist? I think it's a Navaho piece. Thanks

American Girl and Confused Indian Guy [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 22 year old female who has been seeing a 26 year old man from India for 5 months. He treated me great, spoiled me always, and loved me tons. Recently, he changed out of nowhere. He started to become really insecure, and made sure to point out every flaw possible about me. He used, what I...

Watercolor paper [ 1 Answers ]

I am curious to know what different weight paper is about. I see advertised 80 lb, 140 lb and 300 lb paper but wonder what effect this will have on my artwork... also coldpressed and hot pressed. I think I understand that one is grainy and rough surface and other is smooth... I prefer a little...

View more questions Search