miroslav Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 07:14 AM
    Written communication
    Choose the word below that's highly connotative:

A-man, B-house, C-tree, D-mother-in-law
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 23, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Why don't YOU choose the word that is highly connotative and I'll tell you if you're right. We don't do your homework here, we've already done ours.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2007, 08:33 AM
    I will give you this much information and then you ought to be able to answer your own question.

Language's connotative meaning refers to the the social meaning words acquire through use. At the connotative level, language evokes the audience's emotional associations. When a writer uses highly connotative language, he appeals more to his audience's emotion than to its reason.
    Questionshelp Posts: 153, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 22, 2007, 04:58 AM
    Choose the word below that's highly connotative:

A-man, B-house, C-tree, D-mother-in-law

I would have to go with mother-in-law. What would you go with?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Open vs written [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know for a fact and where to find it is a credit card debt in Georgia an open end debt with a 4 year sol or is it a written debit with a 6 year sol. It's like looking for hens teeth.

Written off Debt [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My Parntner had a loan and it was written off. Today she just got a letter from a company stating they bought her debt and she owes the money. What I was wondering what are the statue of limitations in Ontario,Canada , and should she even talk to these people?

Can you see a statement that is written against you? [ 2 Answers ]

Does my son have the right to read the statement written that got him charged with a crime?Can anyone just call clerk of courts and find out info about someone's charges?

Checks written [ 2 Answers ]

Checks written for payment of services (utilitites, lawn service, etc) are normally recorded in what journal.

View more questions Search