Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peterzolper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Unbalanced washing machine
    It is not the balance of clothes in machine. The tub makes banging sound when in the spin cycle. Can I adjust the balance somehow?
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Under the top of the cover on washing machine there are some springs that help hold the tub balanced. This may be your problem, pretty easy fix. If you don't know, place a flat tip screwdriver under each corner of front of washer top and release locks, then lift to access these springs. Other than that it could be wtr pump, transmission or even belt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine makes grinding noise when washing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Performa washing machine - about 5 years old. It makes a grinding noise when washing. Spin cycle is still quiet. Any suggestions about what to check?

Washing Machine Drain- How high can machine lift H2O [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... Thinking about moving the washer down in the basement but the main sewer drain leaving the house is about 2' off the floor. There is currently a sewer lift installed for downstairs toilet that complicated cutting into the existing drain for new Y. Without getting to detailed, there is an...

Toilet closest to washing machine gurgles and backs up when washing machine drains. [ 2 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the toilet in the next room gurgles and the bowl partially fills. I have taken these steps: Ran hose down vent pipe on roof. No backup noticed. Had plumber snake from outside wall cleanout by washing machine and 1/2 bath toilet to city sewer line in alley,...

Washing Machine Loose, unbalanced even empty [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool top load washer, model # LSR6332KQO, that will no longer spin smoothly. It wobbles even when empty. The tub is loose from side-to-side, but not up and down. The agitator also seems slightly loose side-to-side and up and down. Any idea what may be the problem. I do not see any...

View more questions Search