Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klants Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2005, 03:39 PM
    Problem with hot water in shower
    I have Pegasus Tub & Shower Faucet, series 1000, SKU# 813-921 (bought in Home Depot about 2 years ago). Recently the hot water stops running from the shower. The hot water in sink runs good, but not in shower. Cold water is running fine. I shut the water, and removed valve. Water is dripping from where hot water should run. I would appreciate if anyone can share some ideas how to deal with this problem.

Thanks,
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 1, 2005, 04:44 PM
    Are you saying you pulled and checked the cartridge? What does "remove valve" mean? Couldn't get a exact drawing of your valve but I got one close enough.
    If you will remove the chrome cover plate and look on the left hand side you will see a screwdriver stop. Make sure it's open counterclockwise. Then turn off the water at the water heater and remove the stem assembly and turn the hot water valve on for a moment. There should be a strong stream from the open valve. Here's instructions on how to open up your valve. Turn off the water supply to the faucet. Start by standing in front of your faucet. Select whatever side you are wishing to remove. Look at the top of the faucet, there will be a C (45) or an H (45) on the top of the handle of the side that is being removed. Remove the cap where these indications are. Under the cap will be a screw that holds the entire handle assembly to the faucet. Remove that screw and the handle will separate from the faucet unit. The remaining parts will be 009 and the top of 006. Remove 009(valve retainer nut) with an adjustable wrench. This will then free up the valve stem cartridge. Use adjustable pliers to remove the cartridge by pulling the top straight up. This will free up the cartridge and reverse the same order to reinstall the new valve stem. Note: All rubber components must be lubricated before the new parts are installed. Plumbers Grease is recommended to complete the install of your new valve stem.
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink! [ 14 Answers ]

undefinedundefined Two days ago, both of the showers in my home stop having hot water. I have very hot water in the sinks in the bathrooms. The shower doesn't get but lukewarm. One showe in the spin dial to adjust the temp and turn on the shower. The other is a spin dial for temp and has a facet...

Hot Water problem in shower [ 5 Answers ]

This one has me stumped... Our house is only 3 years old, and so far we've not any plumbing problems. Today I noticed that the shower in our spare washroom (very rarely used) was not working properly. When you turn on the cold water its OK, but as you turn the knob to the hot the water pressure...

Rain shower head & handheld shower head problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shower with 2 pipes for showers heads (one on the wall in front, and one on a side wall). The wall in front has a rain shower head on it. The wall to the side has a hand held shower head attached. The pipe with the hand held shower attached has a push button valve to turn the handheld on...

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

Hot water in the shower until shower head installed [ 6 Answers ]

I have hot water in all my other faucets/showers. I also have hot water at the particular shower with the problem as long as a shower head is not installed. When I install the shower head, the water is lukewarm. Any ideas for the source of the problem, and how to fix?

View more questions Search