Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Retriver whistle training
    I have a Chocolate/black lab,she is a year old and she has a determind personality to impress us while hunting. She sits, and lays down by voice camand, and retrieves by hand signals as well as we reliese her on her name, I've been the only one training her so she only usually listens to me, but I was wondering if we could et her to listen to everyone in he family, as well as on whistle command, would it be to hard to transfer her from hand/voice commands to whistle commands?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2007, 09:40 AM
    I don't have any hunting experience and see few post from those that do on the net. Likely the nets loss. I would think a well trained dog would respond to anybody showing leadership and giving the correct commands or using the whistle. The rest of the family may need to learn a little about leadership. One good web page is Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position, Letting your dog know you are the boss

Some of the books in the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251804 would be good too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Water Heater Whistle [ 5 Answers ]

I have changed the elements and thermostats in water heaters before, but today I changed both on our electric water heater (the lower units) and when I turn the power back on it instantly starts to whistle. It is definitely a whistle no other way to describe it. It happens before the water has a...

Kill bill whistle song [ 9 Answers ]

What is the song that elle driver is whistling in kill bill vol. 1 and is the all-girl Japanese band the singers of that comercial for the phone company

2 1/2 month old golden retriver puppy won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

Hi PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Can someone help- I have just got a 2 1/2 month old golden retriver puppy- I have had her for a week and yesterday she was ill- with very bad diahorria like water. I took her to the vet and her tempreator was ok- but he gave her some medical to ease her stomach. She...

1999 Honda Accord (4cyl) Whistle? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife has a 99 Honda Accord 4cyl, auto transmission car with 78k on it. The problem is it makes a whistle noise when slightly accelerating on the gas. The noise will go away when you step on the gas hard. You can clearly hear it cruising at 55mph. The car also only does it when it is warm. The...

View more questions Search