Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snoop dog Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Employment law
    If I made a new copy of my work contract and signed it by my manager.would I get the sack
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 05:39 PM
    I'm sorry I'm not sure if I'm clear here... you made a copy of your work contract and forged your bosses signature.. is that you are saying?

Sep 21, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Yeah
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Why did you forge the signature? Wouldn't you just typically sign the contract and return it to your Human Resources office or something similar?

Sep 21, 2007, 05:46 PM
    My work place was trying to drop my hours from 40 to my contracted hour witch is 32 hours.so I found the contracts in the office and changed the hours to 40 and signed it by my manager
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 05:49 PM
    That is not good. When they figure out that you forged the documents you will get sacked.

Sep 21, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Head office has got the original and the copy.are you sure I will get the sack.
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 05:54 PM
    They will have to figure out first that your contract is forged and that you are working the incorrect number of hours. Its probably only a matter of time before something is spotted. How long ago did you change the contract?

Sep 21, 2007, 06:05 PM
    My manager has found the contract and knows I have made a new contract and knows its my hand writing.he has sent it to head ofice and told them what I have done.im not sure if I could get a warning or the sack strate away
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 06:11 PM
    OH! So they already found out about the forge. Okay. I'm a HR person and if this happened in my office I would support a termination. You stole contracts and forged them in order to get more hours. That is a point of no return for me. Your Head Office may decide otherwise but I think what you did was very serious.

Sep 21, 2007, 06:11 PM
    It started two day ago.when I went in to work I notice on the routa I was only in this week for 32 hours.when for the last 2years of working there I have done 40 hours.when confronting my manager he said he had been told from head office to drop everybodys hour to there contracted hours.I told him he could not do that cause I was contract to 40 hours on looking at my contract he was right and I was contracted to 32.so stuip I know I made a new one with 40 hours on it and he has found it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 06:15 PM
    That may be moot. If you were contracted to 40 hours a week (with nothing stating that hours could change at any time) then they should have either held to the contract or had you sign a new contract reflecting the change in hours. You should have let your manager handle it with the head office. Why I can definitely see why you did what you did its still not going to be viewed well.

What has your manager said?

Sep 21, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Nothing yet my manager has told a work mate that he has found it and was faxing the contracts to head office.so I'm a bit in the dark at the monment but worried sick.I was just very up he was trying to do this with out speaking to us first
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 06:26 PM
    I would talk to you manager and see if he has any idea what you're looking at. He may not know how they are going to proceed so it may just be a waiting game. Which I know is terrible but it may be all you can do right now.

Sep 21, 2007, 06:38 PM
    As far as I know he does not know what is going to happen.he has told his manager and he has never came across anyone done this before.thanks very much for your advice.I think I better look for another job
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2007, 08:34 PM
    So you "forged" a new one that you placed so he would find it??

Or was the real original contract 40 hours ?

Also what are the conditions for cancelling the contract ?

Sep 23, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Hi I have worked for this company for 3 years. I had a contract of 32 hours but have been doing 40 to 50 hours a week for the last 12 months. Last week my manager told me I have to go on m,y contracted hour.so stuid I know I made a new contract and signed it from my manager now he has found it he has sent it to head office do you think I will get sacked
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop dog
    hi i have worked for this company for 3 years. i had a contract of 32 hours but have been doing 40 to 50 hours a week for the last 12 months. last week my manager told me i have to go on m,y contracted hour.so stuid i know i made a new contract and signed it from my manager now he has found it he has sent it to head office do u think i will get sacked
    Most likely, yes. I've seen valued, well-liked employees who have worked at a company for 5+ years get sacked because they lied about something in their resume. Forging your boss's signature on this is going to make them question whether they can trust you on anything. Plus, if they want to push the issue, you could be looking at criminal charges. But they will probably settle for saying it's a "mutual decision" that you should go find some other place to work.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 23, 2007, 06:16 PM
    We can't tell you what YOUR company will do. We can only tell you what we would do. And that would be to can you for dishonesty.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2007, 07:33 PM
    If your boss did not fire you on the spot, the jury is out on this one, But if you get fired with this on your record it is going to be bad for any future reference

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OPT employment in field of law [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am about to get my OPT apporoved, I have just finished an LL.M degree in Law, however I am more intersted in working with real esate. I have been offered a job as a real estate agent. My OPT states - empolyment in the field of law- but real estate is considered in the field of law...

Employment Law [ 1 Answers ]

I live in AZ, a right to work state. I need to know if I earned 2 weeks vacation but quit am I still entitled to receive that money?

Employment law in VIrginia [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I work for a company based out of New Jersey but operating out of Virginia. My pay is scheduled as salary plus commission. I have now been with this company for almost a year and have yet to ever have my commission checks on time. As anyone can figure however my bills always come on time....

Landlord or employment law? [ 3 Answers ]

If I have answered an add for a live in position to do housekeeing duties in exchange for room and board would I need to look into labor laws or tenant laws. This man has told me I need to move in 5 days out of No where, because his mother is moving in. I live in Calif. I uprooted from a living...

View more questions Search