Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hello4397 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Dog Death
    About two or three months ago my dog I had for 10 years died, and I was okay with it because he was so old and frail, but every now and then I think of him and get sad, we buried him at my grandparents because that was his favorite place to be and because his former dog best friend who died the previous year is buried there. I miss him so much right now what can I do to cope?
    nikki_22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 10

Sep 21, 2007, 04:33 PM
    I'm so sorry about you dog! It's always hard when a pet dies. My dog died 2 years ago. It gets better as time goes by. It takes a while to get past it, and the emotions will come and go for a while. What helped me to deal with it was to talk to my friends about it. If you feel like crying, just cry and don't be embarrassed. Would it make you feel better to be around other dogs? Maybe you could volunteer at the humane shelter or offer to walk a dog for and elderly person. Look at pictures of your dog and think about all the fun you had when you feel sad. I promise it will get easier after a while. But definitely, talk to people when you feel sad. It's not good to keep it bottled up. Hope this helps you!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2007, 04:43 PM
    The Power of a Dog

There is sorrow enough in the natural way
    From men and women to fill our day;
    And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
    Why do we always arrange for more?
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy
    Love unflinching that cannot lie-
    Perfect passion and worship fed
    By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
    Nevertheless it is hardly fair
    To risk your heart for a dog to tear

When the fourteen years which Nature permits
    Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
    And the vet's unspoken prescription runs
    To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
    Then you will find - it's your own affair-
    But... you've given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,
    With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!)
    When the spirit that answered your every mood
    Is gone - wherever it goes - for good,
    You will discover how much you care,
    And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We've sorrow enough in the natural way,
    When it comes to burying Christian Clay.
    Our loves are not given, but only lent,
    At compound interest of cent per cent.
    Though it is not always the case, I believe,
    That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve:

For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
    A short time loan is as bad as a long-
    So why in - Heaven (before we are there)
    Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

Rudyard Kipling.
    lovemyman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 02:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hello4397
    About two or three months ago my dog i had for 10 years died, and i was okay with it because he was so old and frail, but every now and then i think of him and get sad, we buried him at my grandparents because that was his favorite place to be and because his former dog best friend who died the previous year is buried there. I miss him so much right now what can i do to cope?
    Check out this poem, it is called Rainbow Bridge. Go on to a search agent and type it in. The poem is beautiful, but I will warn you it will make you cry. But it is such a great way of thinking about the loss of your pet. The poem starts with... Just this side of heaven...
    It's great.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Lost my best friend in September. He was only 8 and I still feel that I was cheated out of about 4 good with years with him. Maybe now it's time to end the grieving process and start looking for a new friend. You will never forget him, but it does get better with time.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 30, 2007, 02:44 PM
    You know how you can honor your dog's memory? Go to an animal shelter and adopt another dog. If you can't adopt for some reason, at least become a volunteer. You will be loved unconditionally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help second dog cope with sister dog's death [ 16 Answers ]

I had 2 dogs for 10 years. They are sisters, One recently died during surgery and now other does not understand where first dog is, it has been 5 days, she is very sad. Help with anyone who has been through same grateful

Death and credit card death. [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

When should I feed my dog adult dog food? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a chocolat lab that just turned 1, and I'm wondering when do I stop feeding her puppy food? Omar

My dog is 2 years old and he will not eat his dried dog food! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have two dogs pal and buddy now buddy is 2 and pal is 8 I have had these dogs for there hole life and about a month ago we had to change there food now pal was fine with this she eats her food all at once so did buddy but once we put them back to there regular diet pal was fine and so...

View more questions Search