Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhotak Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 07:54 PM
    What are the consequences of this?
    I have written credit card cheques that were in my husband's name to myself, forging his signature, and have deposited them into my personal account for spending purposes. I have used three different cheques in three different occasions. The cheques have cleared and the money well spent.

What are the consequences for such action?

Thank you!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Hello m:

I suppose if your husband wanted to, he could put you in jail.

excon
    momtobe949 Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Sep 20, 2007, 04:48 AM
    Well it is plain and simple fraud and yes he may be your husband but not matter what is it still fraud . Especially if it is a c/c the credit card companies could charge you with fraud. Depending on the $ amounts of the cheques you could be facing jail time. Anything over $ 5000 you would be looking at prison time depending what state you live in.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 20, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Arrest, trial, jail, divorce, disgrace, restitution are all probable consequences.
    LEILA007 Posts: 29, Reputation: 7

Sep 20, 2007, 06:19 AM
    U were wrong but he is your husband I would hope he is not looking to press charges for if he is a criminal att... as well as a divorce lawyer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax consequences of inherited house [ 4 Answers ]

I live in California. My two sisters and I are beneficiaries in our step-mother's will which leaves us the family home, as well as her bank accounts, upon her death. There has been some talk about selling the home now and putting the proceeds into her bank account. She is in an assisted living...

What is the consequences of foreclosure [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a property that is appraised for $540,000. I have a bank loan of $350,000. Since I took a interest only loan, it's going to expire in Sept 07. I need to pay off the loan. I have an unofficial partner who has screwed me over and the loan is only in my name. What happens to me if I...

Consequences for joyriding in GA? Age 17 [ 3 Answers ]

What are the consequences for joyriding in the state of Georgia for a 17 year old? This is his first offense. Never been to court or jail before. Can you tell me the minimum and maximum penalty for joyriding?

Truth or consequences? [ 8 Answers ]

A little background... I have 4 daughters and divorced their dad several years ago in order to provide a better standard of living for them. My ex lost his job of 25 years and decided not to work again, I guess. His method of providing was to put them on whatever government program they could be on...

Does anyone know the consequences if... [ 19 Answers ]

My husband left me a few months ago and we are now in the midst of a divorce. It was his choice because he has a girlfriend. I have a way of proving in court that my husband smoked marijuana when we were married. Does anyone know what could happen to him if I can prove this in court? Thanks!

View more questions Search