Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexisk907 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 05:14 PM
    I asked this a few days ago, still wondering.
    I asked this question a few days ago...

Me and my boyfriend have never had unprotected sex. I know that sometimes there are chances that conception could still happen, and that is why I'm wondering. My last period was July 12, which makes me 36 days late. There has been no change in my daily life, no stress or anything. I have taken three pregnancy tests, and they have all been negative. The last test I took was when I was about three weeks late, which was a few weeks ago. I haven't had symptoms of pregnancy; except for recently I seem to be eating more than I usually do, and I am going to the bathroom more often than usual. Usually a few times every 1-2 hours.
    I don't see how there is a way that I am pregnant, but he is beginning to get worried, and now I am just wondering about it. Any thoughts?

I am wondering what the chances are of me being pregnant; I am now 38 days late. We used a condom every time, and all three pregnancy tests came out negative. I don't see ANY possible way that I am pregnant and I feel like I would be wasting my time/money going to get a blood test, because I am almost positive I am not pregnant. I am just wondering how I am this late?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Being over 4 weeks late... it should show up on a pregnancy test is you are in fact pregnant. The only way you are going to know (if you are not trusting the pregnant tests) is to get a blood test.

Stress can delay or cause you to miss your period.
    wismer321 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Stress of wondering if you are pregnant could very well be postponing your period. It is too early for the more frequent bathroom trips to be caused by a pregnancy and the extra eating could also very well be stress induced. The pregnancy tests they have now are very accurate. I would say you are not pregnant, but if you go a few more weeks, it would be best to see your doctor. If you are not pregnant, there could be something else going on. Never take chances with your health. It is much better to spend the money to be sure you are not pregnant and that there is nothing else wrong. Please don't wait too much longer if you don't start your cycle again.
    Lacey19 Posts: 193, Reputation: 9

Sep 19, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Your obviously worried no matter how many times you say your positive your not. Go and get a blood test done. Its better to know than not to know...
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Some women never register on a pregnancy test, I advise seeing you dr. for a blood test as well, let them know the HPT are all negative and ask for a quantitative blood test. If you are indeed not pregnant, the doc will try and figure up why you have no flow. Good luck.
    alexisk907 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Thank you everybody

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My pitbull stopped eating 2 DAYS AGO, WHAT DO I DO? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 9 month old female pitbull. I just noticed that yesterday morning, when I put the dog outside on her lead, that her food, from the previous day is still there. She is drinking a lot of water. She will not even eat people food! What do I do. We are taking her to the vet, but what can I...

Provera stopped 5 days ago and still no period [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, I was diagnosed with PCOS in late June. My OBGYN gave me Provera 15 mg to take for 6 days. She said that I should start my period 3 days from the last day of taking the meds. I stopped on Saturday. But as of today I still have not gotten my period. I have a call into my dr. But, I was...

My dogs head started like twitching back and forth 2 days ago and still does it. [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is about 16months old and 2 days ago she was laying on the ground and her head would start shaking back and forth and then stop and then start. Could this be series I've taken her to the vet so many times already because she's had skin problems. Could she be getting to many vitamins or not...

12 days late and hopeful.but wondering. [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all... I'm 19 and have been trying to get pregnant for about 7 months now with my husband. My cycle tends to be between 33-36 days. I have thought a few times that I was pregnant, but to no avail. This is the longest I've been late so far, 12 days, but the other signs don't specifically say...

My six month old kitten left 5 days ago... [ 3 Answers ]

I have a gorgeous 1 year old cat-Mayhem and a six month old kitten-Matilda. They are the best of friends. The both of them have a great home here and lots of love. Each day the cats beg to leave the house. They know how to open the screen and come and go as they please. The older cat has been doing...

View more questions Search