Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    papapaul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Briggs & stratton 6hp engine
    What is the proper valve setting and how are they to be adjusted?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 11:04 AM
    .005 " should work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

14.5 Briggs and Stratton engine [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me how to adjust the valves on a 14.5 over head valve engine? Thanks, roustaboutx

Briggs & Stratton 25 HP Intek Engine "Racing" [ 2 Answers ]

My 25 HP Intek Twin Model 445777 Type 0134 engine with 47 hours, clean gas, oil and filters, started "racing," after one hour of mowing this week, blowing smoke. I've mowed three times this season; over one hour each with no problem. Choke now runs in "reverse," meaning that I have to push it all...

12.5 briggs&stratton engine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a briggs &strattonengine in my ride on lawn mower the battery won't charge when the engine is running

Briggs&Stratton engine 121602 [ 3 Answers ]

OK, Dh and I are havig a slight disgreement about the mower. It is a Murray, sold under the Scotts brand in 2000, with a briggs and stratton 6.5 hp engine number 121602. Now, a cable broke, the one from the handle that kills it when you let go, and it sat outside for a month while we got the...

12.5hp I/C Briggs&Stratton engine [ 3 Answers ]

I went to start my riding mower for the first time this year and when it started is smoked real bad. I turned it off and checked the oil, it was over filled. I went to drain the oil and discovered it had gas in the oil. It ran fine last year, but I didn't drain the gas out at the end of the season....

View more questions Search