Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexisk907 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Don't think its possible I'm pregnant, but am I?
    Me and my boyfriend have never had unprotected sex. I know that sometimes there are chances that conception could still happen, and that is why I'm wondering. My last period was July 12, which makes me 36 days late. There has been no change in my daily life, no stress or anything. I have taken three pregnancy tests, and they have all been negative. The last test I took was when I was about three weeks late, which was a few weeks ago. I haven't had symptoms of pregnancy; except for recently I seem to be eating more than I usually do, and I am going to the bathroom more often than usual. Usually a few times every 1-2 hours.
    I don't see how there is a way that I am pregnant, but he is beginning to get worried, and now I am just wondering about it. Any thoughts?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Are you taking the pregnancy tests using first morning urine? If not, please do so.

Otherwise, it would be wise to visit your doctor for a blood test. If it is positive, time for a prenatal appointment. If it is negative, time to find out why you are so late.

Sep 16, 2007, 06:42 PM
    I took third test in the morning; the other two that I took were during the middle of the day. All of them were still negatve.
    Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 06:45 PM
    At this point I think this warrants a visit to the doctor for a blood test. It could be many things, but you need a blood test to rule out pregnancy first.

Sep 16, 2007, 06:50 PM
    What are the chances - we have never had unprotected sex. I don't see how it is possible, but he is getting worried. He keeps on telling me to go to the doctor, and I haven't really considered it until now. I will go to the doctor, I just don't see what the chances are.
    Thanks!
    Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 06:54 PM
    There is no form of birth control that is 100% effective. I had a Developmental Psych class where we were required to bring in condoms. About 50% of those condoms had microscopic holes in them. As far as the Pill. Ask my two oldest children. LOL

The only form of birth control that is 100% effective is abstinence. So, if you are engaging in sex, there is always a possibility.

Now, there may be something else health related going on here too. You may NOT be pregnant, but you need to find out why, from your doctor, you are not having a period.

Sep 16, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know if I'm pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I was suppose to get my period the 28th of August and I didn't. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and he came in me twice but I wasn't ovulating. Is there a chance that I can be pregnant?:)

I don't think I can get pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Well I'm 17 married and trying to have a baby we have been trying for 5 months and nothing what's wrong with me?? :(

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I don't know if iim pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Oooooooooooook I'm so confused I had sex with my boyfriend a day before my period... which was July 27 & my expected period was on July 28... We had sex so many times those two days... that my period never came. At last I had what I think was my period on the 31st of July But it only lasted...

I don't know if I am pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Well my boyfriend and I have sex a lot and I missed my period but it came back I haven't been feeling good nauseaus and my breasts are sore I don't think I can take a test till my period is over my mom had her period when she was pregnant with me so I am not sure if it works the same with me or not...

View more questions Search