Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Treeny Posts: 229, Reputation: 20

Sep 16, 2007, 10:32 AM
    What do you do?
    Hi I am 18, Treenys kid. I was wondering what you do for fun, if you are young.
    Where I live there is not much to do for young people.
    There should be more affordable fun things for young people to do, that can not get you in trouble. In this town there is no cool hang outs like car hops.
    There is no dance clubs for underagers unless you drive to the city.
    What is there to do besides movies and bowling?
    We do some fun things like go to the beach in the summer.
    Hang out with friends, parties, but I am trying to stay out of trouble so I don't want to go to parties. Give me some ideas please!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 10:36 AM
    We have a place called Adventure Landing, and it has an arcade, miniature golf, laser tag, go karts, etc. In the summer it has a water park that is open too.

Do you have anything like that around you?

Sep 16, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Ya we have one, its called adventure trails.
    No one my age really gos there any more.
    My brother who's 15 still gos sometimes, when he has money.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Meet friends for lunch/dinner, the Mall/the movie theater, ball games at school,local festivals/event...
    If you are at college there are many events and activities,
    e.g. you can join any club you are interested in, there are usually get together, dinner meeting(free food) and chances to make connections with speakers/professsionals and fellow students.
    COOKING with friends:D I love it.
    Be good.
    Your mum is pretty cool;)
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Sep 16, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Hello.

Young people have always had the same problem you have now. What to do with their time and not get in trouble. Get your friends together and make your own fun. I know during the summer its easy but winter makes it hard to go hang out at the lake or park. Get your friends together and play games or start a hobby, I know it sounds boring but its not. Anything a group does together can and will be fun if you let it. It gets you away from the video games and lets you think and communicate with each other. On the nice days get outside and hang out. Fun is what you make it so help your friends have some fun.

Dennis777

Sep 16, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Thanks nice! I did join the speech club at college, Then I missed the meeting.
    I had to work. I work 2 jobs and go to school, and I have to work my horse when Im not doing that so Im busy. I guess I just want to do diff things and meet new people.
    Its hard to do things when you are always broke!
    I spend all my money to keep my horse and my car.
    My Mom is OK, she just don't understand or remember being my age.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 11:19 AM
    1. Have a game night make pizza, popcorn and play board games.
    2. Learn to play rook, spades, hearts and have a weekly card meeting, form teams and have tournaments. Prizes do not have to be expensive or could be errands, a meal cooked, a car washed etc...
    3. Donate your time as a group for instance help out an elderly person, or someone else in need maybe once a month. We have an elderly couple on our street and every fall my kids take in their summer chairs, rake leaves for them.
    4. You and your friends cook dinner for your /their family and do the dishes as well as clean up the rest of the kitchen, sweep the floor and take out the trash.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search