Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sumobunny Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Oct 30, 2003, 11:51 PM
    STANDBY & HIBERNATE Sticks in W2000 Pro
    Every time I try to save energy by using STANDBY or HIBERNATE the next morning I can't get my mouse curser ot move?  It like I'm forzen except fpr a few isolated times where I jiggled the mouse and everything came on and worked just fine?

I usually have to Reboot most of the time? :-[  
    p_shal09 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2003, 09:55 PM
    Re: STANDBY & HIBERNATE Sticks in W2000 Pro
    Check if there are lots of programs loaded..

May be u can remove the unneeded ones from "MSCONFIG"
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 21, 2004, 11:14 AM
    Try downloading the latest service pack.
    akafrostaka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2004, 08:26 AM
    Try waiting a bit longer... or pressing the keyboard
    Sparda Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2004, 06:09 PM
    I think on this one I'll stand by what I've said before Windows (of any kind) is unstabel so you shouldn't expect it to work at all so your prety lucky   :D , no seriusly windows is unstabel and I've discovered that unless you have the lastes technolagy, system stand by and habornate are liky to fail, also if your settings  in your bio's are wrong then you have no chance and I won't help you with the BIO's as it can have A lot of settings and any one of them could cause it, but most likely the power saving/wake up events setings are wrong, but if there not wrong then it'll never work properly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Don [ 1 Answers ]

I accidentally selected the hibernate option to close down my computer and now I canīt get back to the standard shut down option. I go to "start" and click "close down" and the screen blinks but does nothing. The small window with the various close down options doesnīt appear. How do I get thaty...

Memory Sticks Losing IT (and so am I) [ 10 Answers ]

Hey Guys, Got a problem that none of the computer whizzes that I know can figure out. I have two 512 Meg memory sticks in my memory bays. Some times They both run at 512 a piece but lately one has dropped down to 32 megs from 512 to over a few days time in 64 MB jumps. The other went down...

Bull Sticks OK for young Lab [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to figure out what I can give my 8 month old lab as a treat once in a while. I have read that beef bones do harm to there teeth. Are bull sticks OK? Also, we just finished beginner obedience classes where he has learned the basics (sit/stay/come/lie down/off/look/walking on...

Hibernate [ 1 Answers ]

I was trying to log off and my computer went to hibernate. I do not know what I hit that made that happen. The problem is that I cannot restart the computer. It's an HP Compaq NX9030. It runs on XP. I've tried holding the power button, removing the battery, checking to see that it is plugged...

Expert Opinion OS install: complete W2000 Server over W2000 [ 7 Answers ]

Doing a reality check on services paid for: new seagate hard drive installed along with moving to a new OS (from Prof-windows 2000 to window 2000). Need to know if this was sloppy work or not: If you do a complete new OS install, will the NIC driver install correctly? Had an issue with the...

View more questions Search